Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) April 14, 2016
The Los Angeles Chapter of the Information Systems Security Information (ISSA-LA) is pleased to offer Greater LA and Southern California professionals and students with a collection of training sessions during its 8th Annual Information Security Summit. The training sessions are set to take place Thursday, May 19th at the Universal City Hilton in Universal City, California. The Summit keynotes, presentations, breakout sessions, and Vendor Expo take place May 20th.
There are 3 full-day training sessions scheduled for Thursday, May 19, 2016 from 9am to 5pm:
- The Application Security for Managers training session will be conducted by Jim Manico, Founder and Secure Coding Instructor at Manicode Security. This one-day course will prepare managers to take on a wide variety of challenges in order to successfully guide their organization towards application security excellence. Application security excellence requires a wide range of management involvement and activity. From managing procurement, contracts, software development activities and more, application security management touches many aspects of business operations. Additional details for this training session can be found at http://sched.co/5azU.
- The Information Security Management Boot Camp for IT Professionals training session will be conducted by Mikhael Felker, Director of Information Security at The Honest Company. This training session will cover many topics, including: Information Security Management: Goals, Objectives, Critical Success Factors, Frameworks, Strategies, Standards, Architectures, Tools, Maintenance, Documentation, Collaboration, and more. Additional details for this training session can be found at http://sched.co/5fQ3.
- The Real World Red Team Attacks training session will be conducted by Peter Kim, author of “The Hacker Playbook” series. Attendees not only get a free copy of the Hacker Playbook, Kim will also take you through an immensely hands-on experience to where you will take on the role of a malicious blackhat attacker and infiltrate your way into a corporate network. Additional details for this training session can be found at http://sched.co/6Aq0.
There is a half-day training session scheduled for Thursday, May 19, 2016 from 9am to 1pm:
- The Enterprise Threat Intelligence Workshop training session is scheduled for 9am to 1pm and will be conducted by Rafal Los, Managing Director, Solutions Research & Development at Optiv Inc. Attendees will be given a condensed walk-through of the threat intelligence program strategy development model where the model, applicability and focus will be discussed. Additional details for this training session cab be found at http://sched.co/5azV.
As a bonus, there is a special complimentary training session for all registered Summit and/or Training attendees scheduled for May 19, 2016 from 3:30pm to 5:30pm:
- The Applying Threat Intelligence to Improve Security Awareness Programs training session is co-presented by our special guest, Ira Winkler, President of Secure Mentem and Co-host of The Irari Report; and Araceli Treu Gomes, Subject Matter Expert - Intelligence and Investigations, and Co-host of The Irari Report. A perfect compliment to Rafal Los’ half-day morning session, attendees of this afternoon training session will learn how to create an effective security awareness program and how to incorporate threat intelligence into security awareness programs to make the programs more engaging and more effective. Additional details for this training session can be found at http://sched.co/6T01.
Since ISSA-LA is all about the community, registration for the event is open to anyone interested in learning more about information security. The Information Security Summit is part of ISSA-LA’s important community outreach program. The goal of the program is to help our community stay safe from cybercrime by enabling the necessary collaboration between business and community leaders, technical IT professionals and the information security community. The session by Winkler and Gomes is spot-on with helping us achieve this goal.
Register today to ensure you reserve your place at a training table that matches the skills desired. Remember, there is a heavily discounted Training + Summit package available. Be sure to pick the correct package. Lunch will be provided.
For more information on ISSA-LA Summit 8 and for registration details, please visit http://summit.issala.org/.
Sponsorship opportunities are also available for the media and for vendors. For more details and to view the full range of sponsorships, please visit: http://summit.issala.org/summit-viii-sponsors/
About Information Systems Security Association (ISSA):
The Information Systems Security Association is a not-for-profit, international organization of information security professionals and practitioners. It provides educational forums, publications and peer interaction opportunities that enhance the knowledge, skill and professional growth of its members. The primary goal of ISSA is to promote management practices that will ensure availability, integrity and confidentiality of information resources. For more information or to register, please visit: http://www.issa-la.org. Join the movement today!