With nearly 100 colleges nationwide offering guaranteed credit transfer pathways from StraighterLine, our affordable courses are tested and trusted.
Baltimore, MD (PRWEB) April 18, 2016
StraighterLine, the fastest-growing provider of alternative academic credit, is pleased to announce its 60 courses will be made available to participating JetBlue Scholars. These courses are guaranteed to transfer to StraighterLine partner college, Thomas Edison State University, the launch college partner in the JetBlue Scholars program.
JetBlue Scholars is an innovative new program that offers JetBlue crewmembers an opportunity to earn a fully accredited college degree, with JetBlue covering most of the cost.
“JetBlue Scholars is opening new doors for crewmembers who want to earn a degree but face barriers like cost and family obligations while working full-time. The JetBlue Scholars model allows crewmembers to focus on just learning by removing the complexity and cost. With the help of partners like StraighterLine, crewmembers are able to finish their coursework while also working full-time. StraighterLine’s courses are ideal because they come all inclusive, complete with e-books and self-contained learning modules and exams,” said Bonny Simi, head of JetBlue Scholars.
“With nearly 100 colleges nationwide offering guaranteed credit transfer pathways from StraighterLine, our affordable courses are tested and trusted,” said Burck Smith, StraighterLine CEO and founder. “What’s more, research shows that students who start with StraighterLine and then enroll at a college are more likely to complete their degree than students who didn’t start with StraighterLine.”
Benefits of StraighterLine include:
● StraighterLine uses best-in-class courseware from a mix of providers, including: McGraw-Hill, Rosetta Stone and Acrobatiq – formerly part of Carnegie Mellon University -- and others
● Live online tutoring services from SMARTHINKING
● Anti-plagiarism software from TurnitIn
● Online proctoring from ProctorU
● Psychometrically valid and reliable exams built by Council for Aid to Education (CAE)
Low-Risk Pricing Model
● StraighterLine offers students the freedom to move at their own pace when learning online
● Each course is available for purchase with a $99 StraighterLine monthly membership and can be started the same day a student enrolls
● Subscription can be cancelled or paused at any time
● Students can start with a free trial
About JetBlue (NASDAQ: JBLU)
JetBlue is New York's Hometown Airline™ and a leading carrier in Boston, Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood, Los Angeles (Long Beach), Orlando and San Juan. JetBlue carries more than 32 million customers a year to 96 cities in the U.S., Caribbean, and Latin America with an average of 900 daily flights. For more information, please visit JetBlue.com.
StraighterLine combines a $99 a month course subscription with guaranteed credit pathways to accredited degree programs to save students up to 60% on the total cost of their degree.
StraighterLine takes the worry out of credit transfer with a College Savings Network of nearly 100 accredited colleges that guarantee acceptance of StraighterLine courses.
Having also been evaluated and recommended by the American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT), StraighterLine courses will also be considered by more than 2,000 other colleges and universities for transfer to their degree programs upon request.