When healthcare leaders implement and effectively manage an organizational-wide care coordination strategy it has large impact on patient experience, care quality, and the financial well-being of all facilities.
Wellesley, Massachusetts (PRWEB) April 21, 2016
Digital Collaboration Solutions (DCS), a leading healthcare consulting and services firm for care coordination and provider and patient engagement, today announced the results of its 2016 Care Coordination Plans and Priorities Survey. The survey gathered insights from approximately 75 organizations across many types of clinical settings and professionals involved in patient care coordination activities. Questions were aimed to uncover care coordination peer-to-peer efforts, assess the current impact of these efforts, and share details on how best to improve overall effectiveness.
- 70% reported improving patient outcomes is the most important factor for implementing care coordination and 20% reported improving patient experience is the most important factor.
- 86% stated coordinated care improvement efforts are a top five priority in 2016 though 55% do not have a dedicated budget to support efforts.
- 77% treat care coordination efforts as process improvement, yet 40% have no defined process to review, approve and prioritize care coordination improvement projects.
- 65% of organizations approach care coordination improvements in an ad-hoc and opportunistic manner.
- Clinical staff has intimate knowledge of care coordination processes and issues yet are challenged structurally to implement organizational-wide improvements
“The survey confirmed the care coordination inconsistencies we discover working with healthcare organizations,” stated Tim Perkins, DCS partner and author. “When healthcare leaders implement and effectively manage an organizational-wide care coordination strategy it has large impact on patient experience, care quality, and the financial well-being of all facilities.”
- DCS will host a webinar with a question and answer session on Thursday, April 21, at 1:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.
- The full report is available for download on the DCS website.
About Digital Collaboration Solutions, LLC
Digital Collaboration Solutions (DCS) is a consulting and services company that helps healthcare organizations improve care coordination and patient and provider engagement through innovative communications, collaboration, and technology. The DCS team combines healthcare, health IT, and communications experience with the latest in digital collaboration technologies to deliver measurable results and improved outcomes. For more information, visit thinkdcs.com and follow us @thinkDCS.