Burtonsville, MD (PRWEB) April 25, 2016
Kolmac Clinic has changed its name to Kolmac Outpatient Recovery Centers to better reflect its longstanding approach to addiction treatment. Recovery in an outpatient treatment setting was unheard of when Kolmac began its pioneering efforts over 40 years ago. The level of care that it originated – intensive outpatient treatment or “IOP” – has today become a sought after alternative to the traditional inpatient programs.
Large scale studies have demonstrated equal effectiveness of intensive outpatient treatment compared to residential treatment, with outpatient treatment having the additional advantages of:
- Easier access and program flexibility
- The ability to try out immediately what is being learned in treatment instead of being in an artificial environment
- The active support of treatment personnel when dealing with every day stresses
- Continuity of care by having all three phases of treatment – detoxification, rehabilitation, and continuing care – provided in a single facility by a unified staff
- Dramatically lower cost because of broader insurance coverage
Compared to other most outpatient programs, Kolmac offers:
- More locations: Six convenient locations/centers in Maryland and Washington D.C.
- Simultaneous treatment of co-occurring psychiatric disorders
- Prescribing of all relapse prevention medications
The new website conveys Kolmac’s innovative outpatient approach to recovery and its commitment to continued leadership in the field of addiction treatment. The website also includes a new video that contains perspectives from patients, family members, and referring professionals, and helps visitors get a clear understanding of the Kolmac difference, including its associated programs:
- The Kolmac School
- Kolmac Recovery Community
- Kolmac Foundation
For more information about how Kolmac Outpatient Recovery Centers can help you or a loved one, call us at 301-589-0255 or 410-296-9747, or visit http://www.kolmac.com.