The healthcare industry is facing increasing pressure and scrutiny, and Caspio is prepared to support our customers as a trusted technology partner.
Santa Clara, CA (PRWEB) April 22, 2016
In light of new federal security and privacy audits, Caspio, Inc. (https://www.caspio.com) continues to serve as a strategic technology partner for healthcare organizations relying on its HIPAA-compliant application platform.
Last month, the Department of Health and Human Services’ Office for Civil Rights (OCR) announced the launch of a new round of audits to more closely monitor compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
The stakes are high for healthcare providers and their associates to get prepared for an audit by ensuring they have up-to-date procedures and contracts in place to meet the requirements of the HIPAA Data Privacy, Security and Breach Notification Rules – or potentially face fines or settlement agreements for noncompliance.
Phase 2 of the HIPAA Audit Program is officially underway, and the OCR has already started sending out letters to collect the contact information of covered entities and business associates.
Caspio has offered a HIPAA edition of its popular low-code application platform since 2014, providing a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) along with special infrastructure, features and safeguards to ensure HIPAA compliance.
Unique capabilities of the Caspio HIPAA Edition:
- HIPAA-Compliant Infrastructure: All HIPAA customer accounts reside on an entirely separate infrastructure dedicated to HIPAA-compliant applications running on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Data Encryption in Transit and at Rest: All data is encrypted during transit and while at rest within the database.
- Audit Logs: System-wide audit logs record all user access to data and are encrypted in a separate environment.
- Business Associate Agreement (BAA): Caspio maintains BAA with its vendors and offers a BAA to its customers, partners and affiliates developing on the platform.
"The healthcare industry is facing increasing pressure and scrutiny, and Caspio is prepared to support our customers as a trusted technology partner," said Frank Zamani, Founder and CEO of Caspio. "We have invested a substantial amount of time and resources to ensure our platform and operations are HIPAA compliant and we are proud to be the leading HIPAA-compliant platform meeting this demand across the healthcare industry."
As a cloud pioneer since 2000, Caspio has helped thousands of Fortune-500 companies, universities, government agencies, and healthcare organizations build and operate custom cloud applications based on their precise requirements. Users of the Caspio HIPAA edition include state and local government agencies, large insurance providers, state insurance exchanges, hospitals, research universities, and pharmaceutical companies.
- Read about Caspio’s HIPAA-Compliance Edition: https://www.caspio.com/healthcare/
- Contact Caspio Sales: https://www.caspio.com/sales-inquiries/
- Sign up for a free trial: https://pages.caspio.com/free-trial/
Caspio, Inc. (https://www.caspio.com) provides the leading business productivity platform to help companies shrink the development time of custom cloud applications from weeks to hours, and from thousands of dollars to a small monthly fee. Caspio’s low-code platform requires no programming skills and powers cloud applications for thousands of customers ranging from global corporations and government agencies to universities, non-profits, and small businesses around the world. Caspio’s platform is available in various editions ranging from free and low-cost plans for small businesses, to enterprise plans that meet strict security and regulatory requirements including HIPAA, FERPA and FIPS-140 compliance. Learn more at https://www.caspio.com.