San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) April 25, 2016
The Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits is accepting nominations for its 2016 Community Development QLICIs of the Year Awards. The awards recognize community development entities (CDEs) for exceptional qualified low-income community investments (QLICIs) made in the past year. Nominations for the 2016 Community Development QLICIs of the Year Awards will be accepted until July 8 and the winners will be honored in a ceremony Oct. 20 at the Novogradac New Markets Tax Credit Conference at the New Orleans Marriott Hotel.
“The Community Development QLICIs of the Year Awards highlight the versatility of the New Markets Tax Credit program and why the credit is one of the most effective community development resources available,” said Brad Elphick, conference chairman and partner at Novogradac & Company LLP’s metro Atlanta office. “The NMTC works just as well in big cities as in small towns and for large projects as well as for small ones–this Novogradac awards program showcases investments that prove just that.”
Award categories are:
- Small Business: The QLICI must have been made in a project occupied exclusively by the primary tenant with 50 or fewer employees.
- Operating Business: The QLICI must have been made in a project occupied exclusively by the primary tenant with more than 50 employees.
- Real Estate: The QLICI must have been made in entities whose predominant business activity is the development (including construction of new facilities and rehabilitation/enhancement of existing facilities), management or leasing of real estate.
- Metro: The QLICI must have been made in a project located in a metropolitan area as defined by the CDFI Fund.
- Non-Metro: The QLICI must have been made in a project located in a non-metropolitan area as defined by the CDFI Fund.
- One complimentary entry to the conference to receive the award;
- Coverage of the project in the Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits;
- Copies of the Journal of Tax Credits to share with industry contacts;
- Recognition on the Novogradac & Company website and YouTube channel, and in a national press release about the awards; and,
- A press release for distribution.
Nomination materials and more details about the Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits Community Development QLICIs of the Year Awards are available at http://www.novoco.com/awards/community_development/index.php. In addition to the Community Development QLICIs of the Year Awards, the Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits conducts several awards programs that recognize excellence in affordable housing, community development, historic rehabilitation and renewable energy. Nominations for each program are open year-round and more information can be found at http://www.novoco.com/awards/index.php.
About Novogradac & Company LLP
Novogradac began operations in 1989 and has since grown to more than 500 employees and partners with offices in San Francisco, Walnut Creek and Long Beach, Calif.; Dover, Columbus and Cleveland, Ohio; St. Louis; Boston; New York; Chicago; Austin, Texas; Portland, Ore.; Naples, Fla., Raleigh, N.C.; Iselin, N.J.; and the greater metropolitan areas of Philadelphia; Washington, D.C.; Atlanta; Detroit; Kansas City, Mo.; and Seattle.
Specialty practice areas include tax, audit and consulting services for tax-credit-assisted affordable housing, community revitalization, rehabilitation of historic properties and renewable energy. Other areas of expertise include business valuation, preparation and analysis of market studies and appraisals of multifamily housing investments and renewable energy tax credits.
For more information about the Novogradac Journal of Tax Credits Community Development QLICIs of the Year Awards, please contact Jennifer Young at (415) 356-8041 or by email at events(at)novoco(dot)com.