Search Term Maps combines critical visualization elements with optimized language review—giving users an innovative and unique tool that drastically improves the quality of their case law review.
New York, NY (PRWEB) April 27, 2016
LexisNexis® Legal & Professional continues to roll out innovative, user-driven capabilities on its next generation legal information service, Lexis Advance®. With its latest release, the company unveiled Search Term Maps, a unique data visualization tool that maps search terms in case documents so users can hone in on the best case for their issue, assess the relevance of their search results and navigate individual documents at unprecedented speed.
Search Term Maps is an exclusive, patent-pending feature that helps expedite the review of results and full-text documents of the Lexis Advance case law collection. The interactive tool uses search word color coding and a Search Term Location Bar to provide users with a visual overview of the location and clustering of search words, enabling them to spot patterns, identify dense concentrations of search terms, and review hits in context. Search Term Maps supports both natural language and Boolean searches.
“Studies indicate that the human brain processes visuals faster than review of text alone and that a large number of adults consider themselves to be visual learners. Search Term Maps combines critical visualization elements with optimized language review—giving users an innovative and unique tool that drastically improves the quality of their case law review,” said Jeff Pfeifer, vice president of Product Management for the North American Research Solutions business at LexisNexis. “With the amount of data attorneys need to analyze and understand ever increasing, LexisNexis continues to leverage the advanced technology of the Lexis Advance platform to improve the legal research process.”
With the introduction of Search Term Maps, LexisNexis further builds out its leadership in data visualization and analytics. The company is layering powerful analytics solutions across an unmatched set of content to provide insights behind the raw data—empowering legal and business professionals to make confident, informed decisions.
Search Term Maps has been rolled out in limited release and will be added as core functionality to all Lexis Advance accounts later this summer.
A Search Term Maps overview video can be found here.
Additionally, key enhancements launched with the new release of Lexis Advance include:
- Optimized Personalization—Users now have the ability to personalize the layout of their start page in Lexis Advance by moving pods according to their preference, giving them a faster start to research.
- News article de-duplication—Users can now streamline the news article results through article deduplication with options available to moderate similarity or stop de-duplication.
- Practice Centers—Now renamed Practice Centers, the former Practice Pages offer a broad and deep collection of editorially-enhanced and curated resources for practice areas and jurisdictional practitioners. The offering continues to expand and now includes industry pages. Recently rolled out Practice Centers include the Life Sciences and Pharmaceutical, Colorado and North Carolina.
- Search Support for Long Queries—The Search Box expands to accept 2,000 characters, furnishing the option to create longer, more complex search strings that help power users narrow results faster.
Pictures and Screen shots of the new tools and services can be downloaded here:
- Lexis Advance—Search Term Maps Results List
- Lexis Advance—Search Term Maps Document View
- Lexis Advance—Life Sciences/ Pharmaceutical industry practice center
- Lexis Advance—News Deduplication
LexisNexis is a leading information provider and a pioneer in delivering trusted content and insights through innovative research and productivity solutions, supporting the needs of legal, business and information professionals at every step of their workflow. By harnessing the power of Big Data, LexisNexis provides corporations, law firms and government institutions with essential information and insights derived from an unmatched collection of legal, news, business and public records content—fueling productivity, confidence and better outcomes.
About LexisNexis® Legal & Professional
LexisNexis Legal & Professional is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. LexisNexis Legal & Professional, which serves customers in more than 175 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide, is part of RELX Group, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.