With the WorldRemit app, the Nigerien diaspora can now send money to their loved ones back in Niger – just like an instant message
London, UK (PRWEB UK) 28 April 2016
This means that Airtel subscribers in Niger can now instantly receive remittance payments on their phones instead of travelling to a foreign exchange bureau to collect cash.
WorldRemit is the leading sender of remittances to Mobile Money services worldwide, with integrations to over 30 services in 20+ countries across Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific. Over 100,000
WorldRemit transfers go to Mobile Money wallets every month.
Airtel Money in Niger allows customers - even those without bank accounts – to securely send, store and receive money on their phones, buy airtime top up, and pay for goods and services.
Alix Murphy, senior mobile analyst at WorldRemit, comments: “At WorldRemit we want to give people the power to share money anytime, anywhere. With the WorldRemit app, the Nigerien diaspora can now send money to their loved ones back in Niger – just like an instant message.”
In addition to instant transfers to Airtel Money wallets, WorldRemit also offers the option for people in Niger to collect transfers as cash at any branch of BINCI and Poste du Niger. Orange and Moov subscribers can also receive remittances as airtime top up.
Note to editors
- Images for press here
- 100,000+ transfers on WorldRemit are sent to Mobile Money accounts every month, equivalent to 25% of all money transfers. More than 50% of all transfers to Africa are currently received as Mobile Money.
- 90 million individual Mobile Money accounts can be reached as part of WorldRemit’s network of partnerships with leading Mobile Money providers
- 30+Mobile Money services in 21 countries across Europe, Africa and Asia are connected to WorldRemit – literally from Armenia to Zimbabwe.
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money.
It’s easy – just open the app or visit the website – no more agents.
- Transfers to most countries are instant – send money like an instant message.
- More ways to receive (Mobile Money, bank transfer, cash pickup, and mobile airtime top-up).
- Available in over 50 countries and 125+ destinations.
- Backed by Accel Partners and TCV – investors in Facebook, Spotify, Netflix and Slack.
- WorldRemit is the UK’s fastest-growing technology company (Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2015)
WorldRemit’s global headquarters are in London, UK with regional offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
Read more: About us