Washington, DC (PRWEB) May 02, 2016
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is pleased to announce its upcoming May 11 webinar, “How CMS’s Medicare Part B Payment Model Could Transform the Pharma Landscape.” CMS recently proposed a test of alternate payment models for Medicare Part B with an eye on reducing its spend on provider-administered drugs while preserving care provided to beneficiaries. The webinar will review the details of this model, how payers should prepare, and the implications its implementation would have on all industry stakeholders.
Three experienced pharma professionals — Ted Okon, executive director of the Community Oncology Alliance; Elan Rubinstein, PharmD, MPH, principal of managed care and pharmaceuticals consultancy EB Rubinstein Associates; and Michael Baldridge, president at boutique consulting firm Acumen Analytics, LLC — will answer questions like:
- How are Medicare Part B drugs paid? Where are they provided? What does Medicare spend on them? How would all this change under the proposed model?
- Why has CMS proposed these changes? What is the agency expecting to achieve? What would be the impact of the Part B Drug Payment Model on overall Medicare expenditures?
- To what extent would the value-based purchasing strategies in Phase II conflict with ongoing efforts from private payers?
- What would be the potential impact of the ASP add-on change proposed for Phase I on drug reimbursement for the physician office and the non-340B hospital outpatient and 340B hospital outpatient settings? What would be the impact on pharmaceutical manufacturers? On patients?
- What has the reaction from the physician and patient community been to the proposed experiment?
- How should different stakeholders change their business practices in response?
Visit https://aishealth.com/marketplace/c6p13_051116 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for nearly 30 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals and health systems, health insurance companies, medical group practices, purchasers of health insurance, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, databases, websites, looseleafs, strategic reports, directories, webinars and virtual conferences.