We’re thrilled to celebrate National Moving Month and provide real estate agents, property managers, and moving companies with creative and educational resources that they need to ease the moving process for their clients.
New York, NY (PRWEB) May 02, 2016
Updater, the leading provider of relocation software to ease the moving process, today announced a series of educational initiatives to celebrate National Moving Month in May, which is the start of the busiest time of the year for American residential moves.
“Moving is one of the most overlooked, but stressful, activities in life,” says Jenna Weinerman, Marketing Director at Updater. “We’re thrilled to celebrate National Moving Month and provide real estate agents, property managers, and moving companies with creative and educational resources that they need to simplify the moving process and deliver an incredible moving experience to their customers and residents.”
Throughout May, Updater will host several moving-related webinars with industry thought leaders and release educational content aimed at helping real estate professionals, property managers and moving companies educate their clients and residents about the moving process. Updater’s National Moving Month initiatives include:
Webinars with industry thought leaders:
1. Everything Real Estate Agents Should Know About Moving Scams
Moving scams aren’t as common as Americans think, but there actually are rogue companies with fake websites and information that often try to trick the average consumer. Join Updater and the American Moving & Storage Association for 15 minutes of tips to help prevent clients from being scammed.
Date: Tuesday, 5/10 at 3 PM EST / 12 PM PST
Length: 15 minutes
Panelists: Michael Keaton, Senior Director of Communications at AMSA and Jenna Weinerman, Marketing Director at Updater
2. The 15 Best Moving Hacks of All Time
Placing necklaces in egg cartons can help prevent them from tangling during a move. Potholders actually make the best transporters of kitchen knives. Take 15 minutes to arm yourself with more ingenious and clever moving hacks like these that will save clients sanity and headaches during the move.
Date: Wednesday, 5/11 at 3 PM EST / 12 PM PST
Length: 15 minutes
Panelists: Amanda Fischer and Jenna Davis, Marketing at Updater
3. The Low-Down on Moving Niche Items
As you walk through your clients’ homes and prospective homes, be on the lookout for niche items that may be a bit odd to move or may need a little extra TLC during the move. Think: moving expensive wine collections, shipping a car, moving a piano, etc. Educate yourself on the most common niche items in 15 minutes with Updater and Shleppers Moving & Storage.
Date: Tuesday, 5/17 at 3 PM EST / 12 PM PST
Length: 15 minutes
Panelists: Allen Golan, COO at Shlepper's Moving & Storage and Chris Saad, Director of Business Development at Updater
4. Out of State Moves: Everything You Need to Account For
A move is stressful enough, but a long distance move can drive someone to insanity. Join Olympia Moving & Storage and Updater for a high-level overview of everything clients will need to account for in advance so that a long distance transition runs smoothly. Learn how to calculate when belongings should arrive, how to understand the costs involved, and everything in between.
Date: Wednesday, 5/25 at 3 PM EST / 12 PM PST
Length: 15 minutes
Panelists: Rachael Fischer Lyons, Director of Marketing and Business Development at Olympia Moving & Storage and Amanda Fischer, Marketing Manager at Updater
Updater will also provide several moving guides, articles, eBooks and infographics to educate consumers on moving and packing best practices and educate industry professionals on strengthening their business through moving, available for download on Updater’s blog.
- Moving Box Estimator Guides for Clients: Downloadable guides to help determine how many moving boxes clients will need to move, customized for the specific size of their home
- 50 Easy Ways to Save Money on Moving: Tips and tricks to help clients save money on packing and shipping supplies, storage space, truck rentals, and more
- Top 20 Places to Find No-Cost Moving Boxes: A list of the best places to find no-cost moving boxes such as liquor stores, recycling centers, and fast food restaurants
- The Go-To Moving Day Playlist: A completely customized Spotify playlist, featuring Updater’s favorite moving-themed songs
- Top Movies to Watch on Moving Day: A list of Updater’s top moving-themed movies to watch on moving day, including options for kids
- How Much to Tip Everyone Involved in a Move: A comprehensive guide to help clients determine how much to tip all the service professionals involved in their move, including movers, cable installers, painters, plumbers, and much more
- The State of Moving in America: A visual representation of current demographic statistics and trends in the relocation industry
- National Moving Month Moving Tips & Tricks: Tips on moving safety, packing hacks, and moving day reminders, created by American Moving and Storage Association members Updater, ReloTrans, Kentucky Trailer, and 1-800-PACK-RAT
- The Ultimate Mover’s Guide to Mastering Customer Service: A setup and strategy guide to help moving companies improve their customer experience
- How to Manage & Improve Your Online Reputation: Templates and strategies to help moving companies respond to online reviews effectively