We are proud to say that many Los Angeles residents have made it a family tradition to visit The Shack. We are extremely grateful to this community for the support over the years.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) May 05, 2016
What can you buy for 70¢ nowadays? A world-famous Original Tommy’s Chiliburger and a can of soda. On Sunday, May 15th, Original Tommy’s is commemorating its 70th anniversary with a party, live entertainment, prizes and an amazing meal deal at the original “shack” location at the corner of Beverly and Rampart Boulevard.
For 70 years, Original Tommy’s has been creating unforgettable memories. Tommy Koulax founded the Los Angeles icon in 1946 when he opened his first restaurant on the corner of Beverly and Rampart in downtown Los Angeles. One of the oldest surviving restaurants in L.A., the classic walk-up burger joint is a true L.A. experience from waiting in line for your made-to-order burger to eating while your standing. The quick-serve restaurant features a limited menu consisting of high-quality food at a great value with unsurpassed speed of service. This unofficial landmark has served Original Tommy’s chiliburgers to millions of loyal Angeleno's over the decades.
70th Anniversary Party Highlights
- 70-cent Meal Deal: To celebrate the long and successful history, Original Tommy’s invites customers to enjoy an Original Tommy’s Chiliburger and a can of soda for only 70-cents. The special is only available at the original location at Beverly and Rampart Blvd on Sunday, May 15th from 12 p.m. to Midnight. Limit five orders per person.
- USC Trojan Band will be performing from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- Live music and entertainment throughout the day including mariachi bands.
- Presentation to Los Angeles Boys & Girls Club.
- Original Tommy’s promotional van will be on site. Customers can win great prizes and swag.
- Original Tommy’s Classic Car & Race Car will be on display.
- The Koulax Family and corporate executives will be in attendance.
Parking is available across the street on the Northwest corner of Beverly and Rampart Blvd as well as street parking.
“We are proud to say that many Los Angeles residents have made it a family tradition to visit The Shack,” said Robert Castaneda, Vice-President of Operations at Original Tommy’s. “We are extremely grateful to this community for the support over the years. We’ve worked hard to maintain the commitment to the product and our customers that began 70 years ago with Tommy Koulax. As a company we are proud to be celebrating this remarkable milestone.”
About Original Tommy’s
Established in 1946 by Tommy Koulax, Original Tommy’s has 32 restaurant locations across California and Nevada. Original Tommy’s is known for its world famous chili, chiliburgers and its all-American quick serve experience. For more information, please visit http://www.originaltommys.com. Original Tommy’s social media sites include: http://www.facebook.com/originaltommys, http://www.twitter.com/originaltommys and http://www.instagram.com/originaltommys.