The Global Patient & Family Advisory Council reflects the core commitment of the Institute to serve as the hub for all voices impacting and influencing the patient experience movement.
Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) May 05, 2016
Engaging a broad range of voices and views and reinforcing its commitment to expand the global conversation on experience in healthcare across the continuum of care, The Beryl Institute welcomes eight new members to its Global Patient and Family Advisory Council (GPFAC). The GPFAC complements the Institute’s boards by ensuring the voices of patients and families are a central consideration in the strategic direction and offerings of the Institute.
The GPFAC reviews the Institute’s areas of focus and current resources and offer suggestions on new opportunities, topics of interest and ensuring the perspective of the patient is part of all Institute efforts.
New council members include:
- David Andrews, Patient Advisor, Augusta University, Augusta, GA
- Victoria W. Baskett, Founder and President, Victoria Baskett Patient Safety Foundation, Fayetteville, NC
- Shari Berman, Senior Advisor Patient Centered Care, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA
- Emily Follman, Lead Family Partner, St. Louis Children’s Hospital, St. Louis, MO
- Erika Holliday, President, Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital Family Advisory Board, Chicago, IL
- Tina Jones, Patient Experience Coordinator, Saint Luke's Hospital, Kansas City, MO
- Tanya Lord PhD, MPH, Director of Patient and Family Engagement, Foundation for Healthy Communities, Concord, NH
- Lori Sweeney, Patient Experience Manager, Southern Maine Health Care, Hollis, ME
“The Global Patient & Family Advisory Council reflects the core commitment of the Institute to serve as the hub for all voices impacting and influencing the patient experience movement. GPFAC members play an essential role in not only guiding the direction and focus of the Institute, but also are leaders who are shaping the global conversation on the healthcare experience with their personal stories and experiences. We are honored to have such a respected group of individuals committed to our work and the experience movement overall,” said Jason Wolf, President of The Beryl Institute.
To view the full list of members and learn more about the GPFAC, visit: http://www.theberylinstitute.org/?page=GPFAC.
About The Beryl Institute:
The Beryl Institute is the global community of practice dedicated to improving the patient experience through collaboration and shared knowledge. We define patient experience as the sum of all interactions, shaped by an organization’s culture, that influence patient perceptions across the continuum of care.