(PRWEB) May 08, 2016
Westborough, MA: Zensar Technologies, a leading provider of digital solutions, software and infrastructure services announced that it has helped South Africa’s largest and leading online gift store, NetFlorist to provide an unparalleled shopping experience to its customers. Zensar has been the digital transformation partner to NetFlorist since the last five years, helping them to enhance their existing e-commerce site by bringing in new functionalities that deliver a smooth shopping experience to its customers. Zensar has also streamlined the end to end backend logistics processes. Key initiatives included building global country specific websites, microsites, extending the ecommerce website to the mobile framework with mobile apps and a mobile-friendly site.
The company has been able to achieve its key objective of providing a pleasurable and smooth shopping experience across both its website and mobile site operations.
Sandeep Kishore, CEO and MD, Zensar Technologies said, “In our five year partnership with NetFlorist, Zensar has helped them expand into new markets leading them to have a distinct global competitive market position. We have been able to propel their business to new heights, with our expertise in providing outcome based ecommerce solutions and digital expertise in the area of mobility. NetFlorist’s success in the crowded etail B2C space, driven by digital transformation clearly outlines our vision to help global enterprises achieve visible business outcomes.”
According to Ryan Bacher, Managing Director, NetFlorist, “The success of NetFlorist as one of the leading online ecommerce websites in South Africa is largely due to the technology led innovations introduced from our engagement with the Zensar team. From helping build a smarter shopping cart management tool, to leveraging the mobility space and build sustainable new business models; we have seen our business grow profitably after Zensar partnered us through our digital transformation roadmap. We are delighted to have them partner us is our ambition to provide superior customer shopping experience across all touchpoints.”
Harish Lala, Regional Head - Africa and Middle East said, “Partnering NetFlorist in its digital journey, has helped us showcase our expertise in the market leading mobile apps area as well as ecommerce capabilities in the region. We are delighted to have helped NetFlorist become a digitally empowered ecommerce business, making it one of the top leading online websites in the country. Addressing their challenges with innovative solutions across customized mobile apps, customer-friendly websites and smooth delivery operations is in line with our efforts to make African businesses leverage global opportunities.”
In the five-year engagement period, the Zensar team has initiated multiple company-wide digital transformational platforms resulting in key outcomes as follows:
- Building new global websites for expanding the business reach to multiple countries like Singapore, Malaysia and UK
- Creating new business lines with microsites for sub-brands for Jewelry and Perfume brands to increase customer base and offer more variety
- Building the E-commerce site to enable mobile commerce with creation of a Mobile site and Mobile apps-this has resulted in an increase of 32% site traffic. Mobile traffic contributes to about 22% of total traffic in NetFlorist
- Creation of shopping -cart management functionality to ensure smooth order checkout process and reduction in drop baskets. The shopping cart functionality has helped NetFlorist increase their site conversion by 10% and 30% increase in the number of transactions in FY 2014-15
- Creation of a functionality to convert dropped baskets via email reminders with assigned promotional discounts
- Introduction of a product recommendation engine to create upsell/cross sell opportunities for NetFlorist products on its product page to increase its page conversion
- Supply chain improvements: through front end enhancements on customer facing applications such as city restrictions and fields to capture category of delivery which helps prevent order cancellations as well as streamline the delivery process of shipments and also developed a back end order fulfilment application along with best practices processed to fulfil order in a shortest possible time without any hassle. Since implementation, NetFlorist has seen a reduction of refund rate by approximately 13%.
NetFlorist started in 1999 as an online flower gifting services that sells various types of products, ranging from flowers, jewellery, perfumes, and gift hampers etc. The company has grown into South Africa’s leading and largest online gifting retailer.
About Zensar Technologies (http://www.zensar.com)
Zensar is a leading digital solutions and technology services company that specializes in partnering with global organizations across industries on their Digital Transformation journey. A technology partner of choice, backed by strong track-record of innovation; credible investment in Digital solutions; assertion of commitment to client’s success, Zensar’s comprehensive range of digital and technology services and solutions enable its customers to achieve new thresholds of business performance. Zensar, with its experience in delivering excellence and superior client satisfaction through myriad technology solutions, is uniquely positioned to help them surpass challenges around running their existing business most efficiently, helping in their legacy transformation, and planning for business expansion and growth through innovative and digital ways.
PR Contacts (Global Headquarters - India):
PR Contacts (US Region):
Chief Marketing Officer
Director of Marketing
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, withdrawal of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. The Company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statement that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the Company.