It often took me days to coordinate schedules through calls and emails with friends...I felt that there must be an easier way for me to connect to my groups, but also for others to do the same – and so ATLETO was born.” - Patrick Lundgren, ATLETO's CEO
(PRWEB) May 09, 2016
ATLETO, a sports app that connects everyday athletes through a proprietary technology that matches sport, location, and skill level, announced today its mobile app for iOS. The company also announced the addition of former NBA star Roger Mason, Jr. to its advisory board.
“For twenty years I was the sports event organizer in my circle of friends. It went from me organizing golf or soccer games in Copenhagen to 18 holes at the famous St. Andrew’s course in Scotland,” said Patrick Lundgren, CEO and co-founder of ATLETO. “It often took me days to coordinate schedules through calls and emails with friends. So I felt that there must be an easier way for me to connect to my groups, but also for others around the world to do the same – and so ATLETO was born.”
The ATLETO app lets members find a running partner, participate in a private basketball game, or invite others to join in almost all of the most popular activities and sports – including running, working out, basketball, golf, cycling, flag football, tennis, triathlon, volleyball, and yoga – with more sports being added in the near future.
ATLETO’s team roster of everyday athletes includes: Patrick Lundgren, CEO/co-founder; Ulrik Jonsen, Chairman/co-founder; Peter Dalgas, CMO/co-founder; Nicolai Galal, CCO/co-founder; Thomas Vestergaard, CTO/partner; Jason R. Trice, partner and Paul Campbell, partner. In addition, former NBA star Roger Mason has just joined ATLETO’s team.
“We are thrilled that Roger Mason Jr., former NBA guard for the San Antonio Spurs and Miami Heat, has joined our advisory board,” said Mr. Lundgren. “He is one of the most respected voices in basketball.”
ATLETO was created by everyday athletes who wanted to make their mobile phones a tool to connect and coordinate sports with others. They wanted to address:
- Making time and priority for sports in an always-busy world: In an informal survey done by ATLETO, 28% of respondents stated that they do not participate in more sporting activities because it is difficult to find someone to participate with, and a university study has shown that working out with a partner dramatically increases the time and intensity of a workout; and
- Staying connected with reality in an always-on world: Social media can sometimes be anything but “social,” as more and more people isolate themselves from reality to engage in what is happening only on their phone screens. ATLETO helps people make real connections through sports and enjoy athletic activities with people whose skills are at the same level – so not only is the app real-world social, it also helps bring out the best of sporting activities: challenging, fun and rejuvenating.
A video tutorial of the app is at https://vimeo.com/163744198.
Key features of the ATLETO app include:
- Finding or hosting local sports activities, wherever you are in the world
- Building your own sport network based on your own parameters (skill level, location, mode, etc.)
- Rating other athletes via a “knuckle rating”
While the company is focusing its efforts on a soft launch in three major metro areas (Los Angeles, Miami and New York City), the ATLETO app is now available for Apple devices worldwide in the App Store®. Download the app via a search for “ATLETO” on the AppStore® or at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/atleto-your-social-sports/id1066764771?mt=8
An ATLETO app for Android users will be available in the next few weeks. For more information, please visit http://www.atletosports.com.
ATLETO is a social app that creates best matches for everyday athletes and activities by sport, skill level, location, frequency and other parameters to provide the best experience possible. The founders of ATLETO wanted to create a platform for members to connect and collect new and existing friends who play sports--and to coordinate their sporting activities. For more information, please visit http://www.atletosports.com, or download their app in Apple’s App Store®.