Austin, Texas (PRWEB) May 10, 2016
New data released today from digital advertising and analytics agency, Adlucent, reveals the increasing consumer demand for more personalized advertising. As digital advertising spend continues to increase, findings showed that brands will benefit from a more targeted approach, with 71% of consumers citing a preference for ads that are tailored to their interests and shopping habits.
Personalization is one of the biggest topics of conversation in marketing today. In this national survey, Adlucent set out to better understand consumer perception of personalized ads, what they really want from them, and how personalization plays a role in purchasing decisions.
“As brands continue to battle for consumer dollars, this data shows that the way to win is through personalization,” said Michael Griffin, founder and CEO of Adlucent. “Consumers expect content that’s both relevant and useful. Humanized advertising has always been a key focus for Adlucent and I’m excited to see the industry changes now that consumers really have a voice.”
Consumers are asking for more relevant, personalized content:
While the desire for personalization isn’t new, consumers now expect the same level of individualized content from ads, citing its positive impact on discovery, searching and shopping.
- 75% said their ultimate preference is a world with fewer, but more personalized ads
- 87% believe personalized ads contain content that is unique to them or based on previous purchases or shopping behavior
- 46% consider reducing irrelevant advertising to be the biggest benefit to personalized ads, followed by the ability to discover new products (25%) and faster and easier online searching and shopping (19%)
Personalized content is driving engagement for brands both big and small:
As marketers search for innovative ways to drive engagement, personalized content should be their first consideration. Closely following discounts, personalized content dramatically increases click through rates for both familiar and unfamiliar brands.
- Tailored content makes consumers nearly twice as likely to click on an ad for an unknown product or brand, and 13% more likely for a brand they are familiar with
- Only 29% would engage with ads containing personal information like their name
- 76% were at least somewhat likely to engage with ads relevant to their personal interests, closely behind 81% who would engage with ads containing discounts
Consumers are willing to provide information in exchange for more relevant ads:
For marketers, getting a complete view of customers is often the largest challenge to creating personalized content, but consumers say they are willing to share key profile information and feedback if it creates a better, more dynamic experience.
- 44% of consumers said they would be willing to provide brands with information such as their name, address, email address or product preferences in order to receive more relevant ads.
- 50% would provide product category preferences, and nearly 10% would provide information on major life events like marriage or the birth of a child. But only 3% would provide home address.
- While 44% of respondents said retargeting ads help keep them interested in the product, most expect their ads to evolve after a week
- 32% want the ability to provide feedback on an ad’s usefulness and whether they’d like to see more or less like it
Adlucent is a digital advertising and intelligence company that helps retailers identify, acquire and engage with their highest value customers. Based in Austin, Adlucent’s platform helps retailers create, launch and manage high-volume and product-based campaigns through the use of extensive data analytics. Founded in 2001, Adlucent is a successful bootstrapped company that continues to execute on its commitment to create personalized advertising programs. For more information on Adlucent, visit http://www.adlucent.com.