Cortlandt Manor, NY (PRWEB) May 10, 2016
OpenIAM, a leading provider of Open Source IAG solutions, has successfully secured electronic privacy for patients at healthcare institutions. Additionally, the IAG stack has enhanced collaboration between medical personnel and their patients.
The healthcare industry currently faces multiple challenges in the area of information security. Of particular concern is HIPAA compliance and patient confidentiality, where there are now weekly headlines that involve data breaches of health records, which leads to patients lacking trust and confidence in the healthcare institution. Another issue in regards to HIPAA involves the sharing of information between medical personnel. The systems being used to access records must promptly establish the identity of the user with total certainty in order to retain integrity and security, while also keeping uptime.
The solution stack offered by OpenIAM has a proven track record in ameliorating these pain points. For healthcare customers, OpenIAM offers:
- Integration with other healthcare systems using standards such as SAML, and providing an Identity and Access infrastructure for health care portals
- A flexible authentication and authorization engine which can be used to manage who can access a patient’s information
- An Identity assurance framework to allow for on-boarding of users in a secure manner
- An Access Governance framework to control how access is granted and managed
- A flexible Self-Service functionality which reduces operational costs
About OpenIAM, LLC
Founded in 2008, OpenIAM is a comprehensive Identity and Access Management infrastructure that provides a strong security foundation to provision users and authenticate and authorize access to enterprise systems. The OpenIAM product suite has been built from the ground up to provide a cost effective, easy to use IAM solution without the issues found in offerings that have grown largely through acquisitions and legacy systems. The company’s products are being used by mid to large organizations in a variety of industries including: Government, financial services, telecommunications, education, healthcare, manufacturing, publishing, and retail. The OpenIAM ecosystem also includes systems integrator partners in the US, Europe, Asia and Latin America.
Visit us at: