(PRWEB) May 11, 2016
Dr. Michael Gleiber, one of the country’s top spine surgeons and creator of the Concierge Spine Surgery™ health care model, has been featured in a new “Success Stories” article by Entrepreneur.com.
The article, which was authored by entrepreneur, marketer and business writer Vinil Ramdev and entitled “How a Departure from Conventional Wisdom Can Lead to Success”, highlights excerpts from Ramdev’s interview with Dr. Gleiber on his experience as a medical entrepreneur, and his track record of bucking tradition and being innovative and progressive in a field that is markedly -- and at times excessively -- risk adverse and change resistant.
Key points raised by Dr. Gleiber include:
- On being a medical entrepreneur: “I turned away from the lackadaisical and tired medical business models broken in our current system, and instead listened to advice from influential leaders successful in their own unique sector of business -- having nothing to do with healthcare. I believe this was critical in the success of my company, and the development and implementation of Concierge Spine Surgery™”.
- On time away from family: “To this day, there remain many long nights without seeing my wife and kids. Success certainly does come at a price and while I'm greatly humbled and equally fulfilled with the outcomes we've consistently provided for patients, there is a great deal of time with my family that is sacrificed to fill the needs of my patients and my company”.
- On being an ambassador for Rolls Royce: "They've done what many thought would be impossible: successfully market the brand to a younger demographic with a passion for luxury automobiles”.
- On his experience as both a father and media personality: "The process has made me protective in shielding [my children] from the public spotlight. I certainly do not think of myself as a public figure nor a celebrity, and never want them to either".
- On his role model Mark Cuban: “Mark gets it, he understands how to make those around him better. He is not afraid to go against the grain even though his opinion may be unpopular at times. He demonstrates an uncanny aptitude in understanding the difference between perception and reality”.
- On who he'd like to spend an afternoon with: “My grandfathers -- both of whom passed away when I was younger. I would love to share my stories with them, about my personal life and family, as well as business ventures”.
- On how he'd like to be known and remembered: “As a husband who unconditionally supports my wife and feels so blessed to have married her, by my children as a father who is so proud of everything they’ve accomplished in life, and by my patients as someone who is grateful to them -- for their trust in me and the opportunity to heal them”.
The full text of “How a Departure from Conventional Wisdom Can Lead to Success” is available at: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/275489.