This consultative approach helps with navigating the complicated compliance process and eases the workload of vital IT personnel.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) May 13, 2016
NetSource Communications, Inc., a leading enterprise hosting company, has recently expanded its suite of security options designed to help businesses pass HIPAA and PCI audits. This change follows NetSource’s 2016 growth plan, focused on both refining its current services and expanding to new hosting services and products in order to offer a whole solution to clients. NetSource has been helping businesses become HIPAA and PCI compliant for over 20 years now, and these new advanced security packages make the long and often complicated compliance process a bit simpler.
Each advanced security package NetSource offers includes the perfect mix of services to achieve either PCI or HIPAA compliance.
Network Layer Security Package ($199/month):
- Managed dedicated hardware firewall with policy management and firmware updates
- Intrusion detection license on firewall to combat the ever changing real-time threats
- Basic DDoS protection firewall level; add-on applications for larger traffic sites
- Basic web application filtering license on firewall
- Site to site VPN access and/or remote VPN user setups
- Monthly security reports
- Clear contract defining both parties’ responsibilities to ensure compliance with standards
Server and VM Layer Security Package ($179/month):
- Security patch updates on a pre-determined schedule
- Server virus protection for both Windows and Linux hosting environments
- Security scanning with both internal and external scans. Reports and optional remediation as needed.
- Server monitoring, reporting and alerts that are setup to go directly to the client
- Security agent installed on each server/VM that includes: web portal, firewall policy control, intrusion detection, web application filtering, log monitoring, file monitoring, dual-factor authentication, user access control, and continuous vulnerability scans
NetSource customizes each package to the individual needs of the client, and often includes the client’s auditor in the discussion when planning the new network environment to confirm they accept the new hosting and security model. There is a lot of work involved preparing for this process, and to increase the complexity further regulations are constantly changing. This consultative approach helps with navigating the complicated compliance process and eases the workload of vital IT personnel that need to focus on the core business.
NetSource’s primary datacenter is located just outside of Chicago in Naperville, Illinois and is SSAE 16 Type II (Statements on Standards for Attestation Engagements), SOC1, SOC2 compliant. The SSAE 16 Type II audit means that NetSource implements a tested set of processes and controls at the datacenter, including security procedures for all clients. This tested environment is set up to handle the requirements of enterprise HIPAA and PCI compliant hosting.
About NetSource Communications, Inc.
Established in 1995, NetSource provides mission critical hosting to small and medium sized businesses in the Chicago area, throughout the country, and internationally. NetSource offers a range of hosting services, including colocation, dedicated servers, managed hosting, cloud hosting, disaster recovery, and security. NetSource specializes in fully custom solutions that may include many different types of hosting to fit each individual need. The datacenter is headquartered in Naperville, IL.