Washington, DC (PRWEB) May 16, 2016
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is pleased to announce “CMS’s Final Medicaid Managed Care Rule: Sweeping Changes Ahead for MCOs,” a May 26 webinar on the new 1,425-page final rule issued by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) that will make a host of major changes to the program over the next few years. Three Medicaid managed care experts will offer expert analysis of the impact of these changes and suggest strategies on how to prepare.
In 60 minutes of presentations followed by 30 minutes of responses to individual questions, Bob Atlas, President of EBG Advisors, Jeff Myers, President and CEO of the Medicaid Health Plans of America, and Matt Salo, Executive Director of the National Association of Medicaid Directors, will offer answers to key questions such as:
- How will CMS decide whether at least 85% of a Medicaid MCO’s revenue goes to furnishing medical services?
- How will states go about their new assigned responsibility of offsetting any MLR shortfalls by Medicaid insurers in future rate setting?
- In what ways did CMS change the proposed rule’s fraud-determination provisions? Why?
- What can Medicaid MCOs expect from the new quality ratings, and when? How should they prepare?
- How will states use the new responsibilities given to them to establish time and distance requirements for provider-network adequacy?
- Why did CMS back off its proposal regarding enforcement to ensure payments to Medicaid MCOs are actuarially sound? How might this issue be approached in the future?
- What does the new rule require on access by Medicaid MCO beneficiaries to behavioral care and long-term care? How will this impact the insurers?
- Why did CMS drop the proposed requirement that Medicaid MCOs give enrollees at least 14 days of fee-for-service coverage before they start managed care? Will this concept come back in another form?
- What steps should Medicaid MCOs and their partners take now to begin preparing for the many new requirements ahead?
Visit https://aishealth.com/marketplace/c6a14_052616 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for nearly 30 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals and health systems, health insurance companies, medical group practices, purchasers of health insurance, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, databases, websites, looseleafs, strategic reports, directories, webinars, virtual conferences and training programs.