Silicon Valley, California (PRWEB) May 12, 2016
AGNITY Global Inc. (AGNITY), the leading provider of mobile health solutions for health systems, hospitals and providers announced today that the decision this month by The Joint Commission to allow orders to be transmitted via text messaging will provide a huge benefit to its hospital system customers utilizing the Agnity MobileCare™ platform.
Agnity MobileCare™ platform provides the industry leading care coordination platform for secure clinical communications across the care continuum for everyone in the patient’s circle of care. “Our adoption rates show that care teams have embraced mobility. Texting patient care orders will be another catalyst to drive further adoption and more effective care coordination. We were pleased to see The Joint Commission update their 2011 FAQ to allow providers to take advantage of the capability”, said Kirk Paul Kirkman, Chief Growth Officer, AGNITY Healthcare.
The Joint Commission is now permitting physicians to text patient care orders if the text meets specific criteria, according to Healthcare Dive.
1. Physicians can now send texts to patients if their messaging platforms offer:
- A secure sign-on process
- Encrypted messaging
- Delivery and read receipts
- Date and time stamp
- Customized message retention time frames
- The platforms must also have a specific contacts list for those authorized to receive and record orders.
2. To comply with the set regulations, healthcare organizations will need to specify how providers will date, time, confirm and authenticate texted patient care orders.
3. Additionally, practices will need to document text message orders in the patient's medical record.
4. To prepare organizations to send patient orders, The Joint Commission advises practices to:
- Develop a risk management strategy;
- Perform a risk assessment;
- Assess compliance with policies and procedures for text messages;
- Monitor how frequently text messaging is used for patient orders;
- Document the capabilities of the secure messaging platform;
- Develop policies that determine when text orders are appropriate and inappropriate; and
- Train staff on policies and procedures covering the use of secure text messaging platforms.
Healthcare organizations continue to unlock value through secure messaging and clinical communications platforms. Recent research from KLAS shows that 60 percent of hospitals plan to go live with secure text messaging within the next year. “With up to 87 percent of physicians using smartphones in the coordination of care, the ability to text and approve orders from a secure clinical communications platform unlocks significant value for our customers and AGNITY Healthcare”, said Ken Epps, President of AGNITY Healthcare.
The Agnity MobileCare™ platform is changing the way hospitals and their care teams communicate. Agnity MobileCare™ allows for deep clinical integration offering nurses, doctors and hospital support teams clinical context as they work to put the patient at the center of care and communicate securely with text, voice or video, all in the security of the Agnity Cloud.
About AGNITY Global, Inc
AGNITY Global is a leading global provider of intelligent business communication applications and infrastructure to organizations in the telecommunications and healthcare industry verticals. It is headquartered in the Silicon Valley, with Development and Support Operations in Richardson (Texas), and Noida (India). The Communications business of AGNITY Global is branded as AGNITY Communications and powers the networks of global Tier 1 Service providers. The Healthcare business of AGNITY Global is branded as AGNITY Healthcare and offers a comprehensive mobile contextual communication and collaboration solutions for health systems, hospitals and ambulatory providers.
AGNITY Global Contact:
Media Relations Team