"The interest we have received from new customers and partners prior to RIOT’s release shows the real market need for an effective edge analytics solution for the IoT,” said Simon Arkell, CEO, Predixion Software
Aliso Viejo, CA (PRWEB) May 12, 2016
Predixion Software, a developer of real-time visual edge analytics software for the Internet of Things, today announced their first significant customer wins for the just-announced RIOT line of real-time visual edge analytics software – proving the need for advanced analytics at the edge of IoT. At the same time, Predixion has announced a significant expansion in its partner and OEM ecosystem enabling the easy deployment of RIOT software, including pre-installation of RIOT on Internet of Things (IoT) gateways and smart devices.
Unlike traditional IoT analytics solutions that only operate by pulling data from the edge and processing at the data center, Predixion RIOT is a fully embedded visual analytic engine that runs directly on the edge device to provide actionable insight in real time, where the data is generated. This type of solution is necessary in predictive maintenance scenarios where machine uptime is vital, in industries like manufacturing, energy, healthcare and transportation.
“The interest we have received from new customers and partners prior to RIOT’s release shows the real market need for an effective edge analytics solution for the IoT,” said Simon Arkell, CEO, Predixion Software. “The willingness of these customers and partners to sign significant agreements shows their confidence that RIOT is the edge analytics solution they and their customers need.”
RIOT Enterprise Customer Wins
Proof of the appeal of RIOT visual edge analytics in the marketplace is the signing of contracts for significant deployments across a broad range of industries prior to the public release of the software. These include the monitoring and analysis of blood glucose devices with Pepex Biomedical and monitoring and management of smart energy storage solutions with FreeWire Technologies.
- PEPEX BIOMEDICAL is a medical device company specializing in developing, manufacturing, and marketing disposable miniaturized electrochemical biosensors: “During our initial dialog with Predixion, we knew that RIOT would enable Pepex Biomedical to fully realize our vision of bringing, ‘Real-Time, Point-of-Care Analytics’ from the mTrio to the PepexCLOUD, allowing physicians to quickly make informed decisions that dramatically enhance the quality of care, improve patient outcomes and lower payers’ costs. At the same time, RIOT would give Pepex another layer of competitive advantage on top of our superior sensor accuracy advantage. We’re also thrilled about how RIOT’s analytics capabilities will play a crucial role in our Big Data for Diabetes Platform aimed at Life Sciences to encourage innovation, inspire new medicines, treatments and products, create competitive advantage and inform strategic decisions on how to go to market.” said Bo Kim, CEO of Pepex Health, a Subsidiary of Pepex Biomedical, Inc.
- FREEWIRE TECHNOLOGIES develops and manufactures a mobile energy storage platform called the Mobi; it’s main product is a mobile electric vehicle charging station. Using their proprietary Energy Buffer technology, the company deploys large-scale EV charging without needing costly infrastructure upgrades:
“FreeWire is excited to announce the addition of advanced real-time streaming analytics, powered by Predixion RIOT, to its line of MobiTM energy storage systems,” said Arcady Sosinov, CEO, FreeWire Technologies. “FreeWire is already a leader in clean, mobile energy storage and the addition of analytics using RIOT will add highly valuable functionality to utilities, commercial building managers, and even consumers such as electric vehicle drivers. FreeWire and Predixion are working together towards a more reliable, resilient, and cleaner energy future.”
IoT Gateway and Device Partners Embed Predixion RIOT
Key to the expansion of Predixion’s IoT partner network is a number of new partners that have agreed to embed Predixion’s RIOT software on their IoT gateways and intelligent devices. This enables end customers to swiftly and easily leverage edge analytics.
“NEXCOM is pleased to partner with Predixion in IoT to provide RIOT as a value-added analytics solution on NEXCOM gateways,” said Alex Perng, General Manager of NEXCOM Internet of Things Business Unit. “We at NEXCOM understand the value of providing real-time analytics at the edge of the network, operating directly on our gateways, to help our customers both understand and take direct action from these insights. Predixion RIOT is the excellent solution for providing an out-of-the box visual analytics solution for our customers when combined with NEXCOM’s leading IoT solutions.”
“Eurotech is excited to work with Predixion to provide edge and cloud-based analytics on Eurotech gateways, integrated with the Eurotech Everyware Cloud,” said Jon Woodland, Director IoT Solutions & Services, Eurotech. “Customers are looking for rugged and reliable end-to-end solutions that help drive value for their business and their clients’ business. Together Eurotech and Predixion help customers find a faster path to value with IoT-enabled analytics by providing insights in the data, with the flexibility to apply intelligence at the edge and in the cloud.”
“We are very happy and excited for the partnership with Predixion,” said Fabrizio Del Maffeo, UP Founder and Managing Director for Europe, AAEON. “UP is a platform made for professional makers and innovators in IoT and it has been adopted as reference platform in Home Automation, Retail, Digital Signage and Vending markets. Thanks to the integration of Predixion RIOT, UP users will have the chance to run analytics on the edge.”
About Predixion RIOT
Predixion RIOT is the industry’s first real-time visual edge analytics software that truly lives and operates at the edge of the network. It delivers the following new capabilities for OEMs and Enterprise customers:
- Ease of Deployment: Out of the box, organizations can dynamically deploy advanced, real-time, visual edge analytics on-device, on-gateway, or in-the-cloud;
- Continuous Actions: RIOT supports connected, partially-connected and disconnected environments so decisions can be made in real-time without reliance on network connectivity;
- Visual Analytics Trigger Real Time Actions: RIOT allows organizations to conduct predictive maintenance and predictive operations management, with workflows triggered by the output of the analytics.
About Predixion Software
Predixion Software is a real-time edge analytics software company based in Aliso Viejo, California. Predixion was founded on the belief that analytics has the power to create a smarter, safer and healthier world. To achieve this vision, Predixion developed Predixion RIOT™, an edge-based analytics platform that provides real-time, advanced analytics on devices, gateways and routers to leverage real-time data at the edge of the network. Unlike many “Big Data” solutions which drop IoT data into a Data Lake and perform cloud analytics on data from the edge, Predixion RIOT solutions provide IoT analytics directly at the edge, thus providing immediate insight. At Predixion, we make Things smarter.TM
Predixion Software recognizes all of the trademarks referenced in this press release.