The SAE World Congress is a marketplace for tech transfer and networking with the thought leaders in the mobility industry. - Jim Forlenza, Director of Engineering Events for SAE International
WARRENDALE, Pa. (PRWEB) May 16, 2016
More than 11,500 attendees from 55 countries gathered in Detroit last month to discuss the latest automotive engineering technologies and innovations at the SAE 2016 World Congress.
Toyota provided Executive Leadership for the three-day conference which featured a theme of “Powering the Possibilities.” Aisin served as the event’s Tier One Strategic Partner.
“The energy and excitement created by the show continues to make this a must-attend event for anyone looking to stay ahead of the curve with the latest developments and leading edge technology,” Jim Forlenza, Director of Engineering Events for SAE International, said. “The SAE World Congress is a marketplace for tech transfer and networking with the thought leaders in the mobility industry. With a 12 percent increase in verified attendance, this year marks the fourth consecutive year of growth for the event.”
Highlights from the SAE 2016 World Congress included:
- 11,548 attendees from 55 countries; including significant representation from South Korea, Germany, Japan, China, Canada, United Kingdom, India and Italy
- 204 exhibiting companies, including 39 sponsors
- More than 1,551 technical presentations and 1,495 published technical papers
- The AVL Technology Leadership Center featured 25 executive and thought leader panelists; the FEV Innovation Forum showcased 23 senior executive technical expert panelists
- The SAE Tech Hub which featured 42 presentations delving into relevant topics such as Cybersecurity, Biomimicry, Automotive Singularity, Electric Propulsion, and 4D Printing
- A robust Young Professional Program that featured career development and speed mentoring sessions
Takeshi Uchiyamada, Chairman of the Board, Toyota Motor Corporation delivered the keynote address at the World Congress Annual Banquet.
Other keynotes during the week included Shad Khan, Owner, Flex N Gate; Kirk Steudle, Director, Michigan Department of Transportation; and Gary Silberg, Partner, National Automotive Leader, KPMG LLP.
SAE World Congress officials also announced that Ford will provide Executive Leadership for the SAE 2017 World Congress. Bob Fascetti, Vice President, Powertrain Engineering for Ford will serve as general chair for the SAE 2017 World Congress.
SAE International is a global association committed to being the ultimate knowledge source for the engineering profession. By uniting over 128,000 engineers and technical experts, we drive knowledge and expertise across a broad spectrum of industries. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our philanthropic SAE Foundation, including programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.