“LightEdge is bringing best-in-class network security services to our clients and connecting them to IBM’s superior global intelligence, research and managed security services.”
Des Moines, Iowa (PRWEB) May 16, 2016
LightEdge Solutions is launching the Virtual Security Operations Center (vSOC), powered by IBM, which brings IBM’s global security footprint to LightEdge’s local market customers. LightEdge Solutions is the first North American technology company to partner with IBM to deliver powerful security solutions that provide comprehensive and centralized IT security intelligence.
“The concern about security threats and data breaches has escalated among company leaders and has become a critical element to the survivability of every business,” says Jim Masterson, LightEdge Chief Executive Officer. “Even the most competent IT teams do not have the resources to effectively monitor the system around the clock. Our team at LightEdge understood that these global threats are in our backyard and we’re providing a solution that helps customers manage vulnerabilities and risks.”
LightEdge vSOC is a secure, web-based network security information and event log management tool (SIEM). It works as an overlay to the client’s existing IT environment and aggregates log data and network activity for any number of device types or brands. With the vSOC, LightEdge leverages a global footprint of IBM’s nine physical security operations centers, thousands of security analysts, and the correlation and processing power of IBM’s XPS, X-Force and QRadar.
“LightEdge is bringing best-in-class network security services to our clients and connecting them to IBM’s superior global intelligence, research and managed security services,” said Jake Gibson, LightEdge Chief Security Officer and Chief Compliance Officer. “Not only will clients benefit from IBM’s highly regarded security services, but LightEdge will remain a partner and provide local support and consulting services.”
The LightEdge vSOC offers a powerful security solution for small and midsize businesses that do not have the current IT resources to effectively provide to-the-minute threat intelligence and insight.
The LightEdge vSOC, powered by IBM, is the cornerstone of LightEdge Managed Security Services and provides businesses with assured network security and board-level awareness of security risks by offering features including:
- Integrated Service Views – IBM’s proprietary web-based interface ensures real-time, on-demand access to the latest alerts, advisories, system configuration, and comprehensive workflow and reporting capability.
- 24/7 IDPS Event Monitoring – Expert monitoring of real-time collected IDPS events for all managed devices.
- Integrated Security Analytics – These features include firewall data mining alerts, suspicious host reports, IDPS correlation alerts, IP Intelligence overviews and more as part of the service.
- Worldwide Threat Visibility – Sifts through enormous amounts of data and presents actionable information for pro-active changes to security policies.
- Supports Top Technologies – Market-leading technologies such as Checkpoint, Cisco, Palo Alto and Fortinet, will be supported by the LightEdge vSOC.
- Supports Comprehensive Product Features – Effectively works with a variety of product features and policies including virtualization, multiple policies and content security.
- Client-Focused Service Level Agreements – The SLA includes incident response, change management, system monitoring, portal availability, emergencies and content updates.
- Flexible Product Packages – There are multiple service levels available that can be customized to meet the varying needs of a business, such as a managed or unmanaged environment.
LightEdge’s trusted relationships with its clients and strength of its partnerships in the Midwest helped to position LightEdge as an ideal choice for a partnership with IBM.
“IBM is a strong and reputable brand that is leading the way in early and global detection of security threats,” said Jeff Springborn, LightEdge Chief Operating Officer. “The vSOC is going to be a game-changer for our clients looking to proactively protect themselves and expand on their defense strategies.”
For more information on the LightEdge vSOC, visit http://www.lightedge.com.
About LightEdge Solutions
LightEdge Solutions is an experienced and proven leader in data center, Enterprise IT cloud solutions and network integration, providing businesses with reliable access to Fortune 100-level infrastructure that quickly adapts and scales to meet changing business requirements. LightEdge, which is owned by The Anschutz Corporation, was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa. LightEdge serves both Midwestern and national companies from its five regional office locations with scalable and customized IT solutions that leverage a fully redundant network backbone connecting all carrier-neutral data centers, as well as an experienced team of engineers.