Enterprises require protected data and consumers are demanding their privacy. The launch of the Appmobi Security Kit marks a significant step forward for secure mobile development to meet both of these needs.
Poughkeepsie, NY (PRWEB) May 18, 2016
Appmobi (https://appmobi.com), a Mobile Security-as-a-Service (MSaaS) company, today announced the launch of Appmobi Security Kit, a first-of-its-kind Mobile Security SDK (Software Development Kit) that enables developers to easily add every step of end-to-end encryption and user authentication to any type of application – new apps, existing native apps, or hybrid mobile apps – within minutes, not months. The Appmobi Security Kit was built from the ground up to easily solve the security and encryption challenges for any type of app – be it encryption key generation and management, encrypted data storage on-device and on-server, end-to-end peer-to-peer encryption, and/or encrypted push messaging. Appmobi Security Kit provides advanced cryptographic functionality to any existing or new app in minutes, which would normally require cryptology expertise and months of development.
“Enterprises require protected data and consumers are demanding their privacy. The launch of the Appmobi Security Kit marks a significant step forward for secure mobile development to meet both of these needs,” said Mark Stutzman, CEO of Appmobi. “The Appmobi Security Kit provides an easy-to-use SDK and set of services to encrypt all mobile app data and communications, ensuring they are only decipherable by the owner or intended recipient while removing the complexity of building or adding end-to-end encryption to apps for developers.”
The Appmobi Security Kit includes:
- End-to-End Encryption that makes it simple to add even the most complex encryption solutions to any app – new or existing, native or hybrid Cordova apps.
- Encryption Tool Kit, the first line of defense to secure apps. It provides multiple levels of encryption generation and management from shared app level to peer-to-peer key sharing for 100 percent private, end-to-end encrypted data, along with authentication and user-specific passcode required for the most secure apps possible.
- Key Rotation and Expiration, which automates the process of rotating and expiring keys with customizable data retention options, such as data wiping or re-encrypt and retain.
- Secure Data Store. Developers want to use the tools and databases they’re most comfortable with, and Appmobi protects that data without getting in a developer’s way. Secure Data Store is a suite of encrypted data storage solutions – from encrypted couchDB to key value store, both of which include automated encrypted syncing to an on-server database of the developer’s choice.
- Encrypted Cordova Webview for hybrid Cordova developers who prefer taking advantage of the Webview, Secure Data Store automatically encrypts all critical data including databases stored via Webview.
- Secure Live Update for Cordova Development allows developers to ditch the app store gatekeeper. Apps update when and how the developer wants via secure encrypted bundles that are matched up with the appropriate app or device keys. Secure Live Update works independently of the app stores, so apps are updated, added, and/or removed from user devices on their schedule – and not someone else’s.
- Secure Analytics delivers real‐time intelligence from a fully scalable, secure environment. Tested for optimal enterprise use, Secure Analytics helps developers know what they’re protecting while they’re protecting it.
End-to-End Encryption – a must have in today’s world.
The market demand for end-to-end encrypted apps has grown recently as government surveillance has increased, and data breaches and hacks have grown increasingly more common. Facebook recently added end-to-end encryption to their enormously successful Whatsapp messaging app, and the Appmobi Security Kit provides this level of encryption. Appmobi offers the first and only solution that enables every step of end-to-end encryption for any type of enterprise or consumer application including messaging, journaling and document storage, medical/healthcare and financial services. At-rest data protection is an integral part of compliance within many sectors, and Secure Data Store protects against unintended data leaks in electronic health records, personally identifiable information (PII), insurance and financial records, student or government information, proprietary information or trade secrets, push messages and emails. All data is encrypted at every step – on device, in transit and on-server – and only the intended recipient with the private key can read the encrypted data.
“Data breaches are on the rise and consumers are demanding true privacy protection from the apps they use. Confidential information and sensitive data is getting leaked, lost and stolen,” continued Stutzman. “Not only is it embarrassing and painful for the hacked entity, but penalties have become more severe and more frequent for non-compliance with regulations on financial, medical and personal data. All of these incidents now critically demand effective data encryption solutions, as once an app is no longer trusted, it will no longer be used – and in many cases, poor encryption could spell the end for a business. No information security strategy is complete unless data is 100 percent protected. Appmobi addresses and solves this challenge.”
Appmobi is a Mobile Security-as-a-Service (MSaaS) company that provides app publishers and developers with an easy-to-implement Mobile Security Kit that enables end-to-end encryption of new, existing native, and hybrid Cordova mobile apps in minutes, not months. It is the first-of-its-kind solution than enables every step of end-to-end encryption for any type of application. Originally founded in 2006, the Appmobi Software Development Kit (SDK) was acquired by Intel in February 2013. Based in Poughkeepsie, NY, Appmobi is a privately held company backed by Aspire Ventures. Follow Appmobi on Twitter or learn more at https://appmobi.com.
All trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.