St. Louis, MO (PRWEB) May 24, 2016
Varsity Tutors, the technology company providing access to more than 20,000 experts on its live learning platform, today announces the launch of its new mobile application that enables access to live, one-on-one tutoring anywhere in the world with connectivity. With Varsity Tutors’ best-in-class technology, students and professionals can instantly access private tutoring on the go with video chat, interactive whiteboard, collaborative document editing and other powerful functions for any learning need, from homework help and studying for the SAT to brushing up on a foreign language or learning a technical skill like Photoshop or SQL. The new Varsity Tutors mobile tutoring app demonstrates the company’s product leadership in transforming the way people access expertise.
Available on iPhones and iPads, the Varsity Tutors mobile tutoring app includes a robust suite of features to help facilitate and maximize the effectiveness of live student-instructor interactions. Key features include:
● Convenient access to live, video chat-based, one-on-one sessions with instructors who have passed a rigorous quality screening process and are matched with students based on individual needs and preferences
● Ability to seamlessly switch between streaming video, written messages and topic-specific content
● Upload photos of homework problems, assignment instructions or test results with real-time camera interaction
● Outline concepts instantly through illustrations or graphs with the Workboard feature of mathematical and scientific notation
● Edit and format essays with the power of a word processor using the Document Editor with real-time collaborative technology
● Access more than 150,000 professionally written practice problems across 200-plus subjects and standardized tests that have been accessed more than 75 million times
“Today’s students and professionals are busier than ever juggling demanding schedules—they are constantly on the go, relying on their phones to communicate, go online and access and share information,” said Chuck Cohn, founder and CEO of Varsity Tutors. “The first-of-its-kind video streaming technology used in our app gives people who need expertise the flexibility they want and need when it comes to getting live help in any of more than 1,000 subjects. By putting instant video-chat access to our expert network in the palms of their hands, we’re furthering our mission of ensuring every student and professional can get the help they need no matter where they are.”
The mobile tutoring app is the company’s first major product launch following its $50 million capital raise in November 2015 from Technology Crossover Ventures, a venture investor in Netflix and Facebook. It comes on the heels of the recent opening of Varsity Tutors’ new St. Louis headquarters. The company also recently announced the hire of Ian Clarkson, a former senior Amazon executive and former COO of Sears Home Services, as president and chief operating officer to lead a new office in Seattle and further build out the company’s product development and technology teams.
For more information on the Varsity Tutors mobile tutoring application, visit http://www.varsitytutors.com/mobile-tutoring.
About Varsity Tutors
Varsity Tutors is a live learning platform that connects students and professionals with personalized instruction to achieve any goal. To date, users have accessed more than 1 million hours of live instruction on the platform. Additionally, through the company’s free online learning tools, mobile applications and books, Varsity Tutors has created an ecosystem of more than 150,000 free practice questions, answers and explanation sets across more than 200 subjects and standardized tests. Varsity Tutors was founded in 2007 at Washington University in St. Louis. For more information visit http://www.varsitytutors.com.