BELLEVUE, Wash. (PRWEB) May 26, 2016
Eating Recovery Center, Washington (ERC Washington), a trusted provider of comprehensive treatment for eating disorders, is opening a brand new child and adolescent residential treatment center on June 1. The 18-bed, state-of-the-art facility will provide individuals ages 8-17 and their families with even more specialized eating disorder treatment and access to life-saving care.
To celebrate, ERC Washington will host an open house and ribbon-cutting ceremony on Wednesday, June 1, from 5-8 p.m. PST, at the facility located on the third floor of the Overlake Medical Pavilion, 1231 116th Ave. NE, in Bellevue, Washington. The event will feature a presentation—“The Art and Science of Parent Empowerment in Family Centered Care of Children and Adolescents with Eating Disorders”—by Dr. Ovidio Bermudez, Chief Clinical Officer and Medical Director of Child and Adolescent Services of Eating Recovery Center, and Lisa Geraud, Executive Clinical Director of ERC Washington. Jenni Schaefer, ERC’s National Recovery Advocate for the Family Institute and author of "Life Without Ed," will also share her story of battling an eating disorder at a young age. Attendees will be offered a tour of the new facility and a chance to meet the child and adolescent treatment team while enjoying refreshments by Thomas Cuisine, ERC Washington’s new culinary team.
“ERC Washington is committed to providing the very best care to patients and families,” said Geraud. “Because we now have a dedicated residential treatment center exclusively for children and adolescents, as well as a residential center exclusively for adults, we can further support the individual needs of each age group with developmentally appropriate care, and we can support patients’ families even more effectively, too.”
ERC Washington’s child and adolescent residential treatment center will provide:
- Treatment for individuals ages 8-17, as well as support for their families
- An innovative family program that involves Family Centered Care, focused on empowering parents to assist their children in the healing process
- Developmentally appropriate treatment plans incorporating psychological, medical, psychiatric and nutritional interventions
- Evidence-based mindfulness models, including Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Age-appropriate care for younger patients, including expressive art therapy with sensory features, sandy tray storytelling and games
- A fully-equipped learning center staffed with dedicated tutors
- Nutritious and appealing meals and snacks prepared by Thomas Cuisine Management
- Treatment for a full spectrum of eating and related disorders, including avoidant restrictive food intake disorder (ARFID)
For additional information about ERC Washington and its programs, call (425) 437-1158, email info(at)eatingrecoverycenterwa(dot)com or visit http://www.eatingrecovery.com to speak with a Master’s-level eating disorder clinician.
About Eating Recovery Center
Eating Recovery Center (ERC) is the only national, vertically integrated, health care system dedicated to the treatment of serious eating and related disorders at any stage of the illness. ERC offers best-in-class treatment programs for all patients, no matter their age or gender, struggling from: anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder, eating and weight disorder, unspecified eating disorders, as well as comorbid, co-occurring and dual diagnoses. Led by the world’s leading experts in eating disorder treatment, ERC provides a full spectrum of eating disorder recovery services through an unmatched network of 23 locations in seven states.