The fairground is a gathering place for people living in communities across the country. People living and working in these communities know the needs of their local fairgrounds better than anyone. -- Barb Baker
Grinnell, Iowa (PRWEB) June 02, 2016
Twelve fairground improvement projects are finalists for Grinnell Mutual’s Fairground Facelift initiative to support local fairgrounds in six states. With help from Facebook fans, Grinnell Mutual will distribute a total of $3,500 to three winners.
“The fairground is a gathering place for people living in communities across the country. People living and working in these communities know the needs of their local fairgrounds better than anyone,” said Director of Advertising and Community Relations Barb Baker. “That’s why their votes on Grinnell Mutual’s Front Porch Facebook page will decide which projects receive Fairground Facelift grants.”
Fairground Facelift Finalists:
- Bond County Fairgrounds, Greenville, Ill.: Renovate restrooms.
- Cedar County Fairgrounds, Hartington, Neb.: Install sidewalks for handicapped accessibility.
- Clayton County Fairground, Garnavillo, Iowa: Purchase new tables and shelving for 4-H exhibit displays.
- Dodge County Fairgrounds, Scribner, Neb.: Repair arena bleachers.
- Fayette County Fairgrounds, West Union, Iowa: Make the Kiddie Barnyard building structurally sound for youth learning and activities.
- Henry County Fairgrounds, Clinton, Mo.: Renovate cookshack bathrooms.
- Jasper County Fairgrounds, Newton, Ill.: Purchase a portable 150x250-foot livestock show arena.
- Johnson County Fairgrounds, Iowa City, Iowa: Install a guardrail in truck- and tractor-pull arena.
- Madison County Fair Association, Highland Ill.: Install large fans in show barn and ring.
- Morgan County Fairgrounds, Jacksonville, Ill.: Replace rotting posts on the cattle barn.
- Ransom County Fair, Lisbon, N.D.: Pour a cement pad in front of the Expo Center to improve handicapped accessibility.
- Redwood County Fair, Redwood Falls, Minn.: Restore the central exhibit hall for safety and aesthetics.
Beginning Thursday, June 2, 10 a.m. Central Time, Grinnell Mutual invites the public to vote for project finalists to receive grants on the company’s Front Porch Facebook page. To vote for a project visit Grinnell Mutual’s Front Porch Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/GrinnellMutualFrontPorch, or the Grinnell Mutual website at http://www.grinnellmutual.com/content/fairground-facelift and click the ‘Vote’ button on the fairground project photo.
Facebook users may vote once per day. Voting ends Wednesday, June 16, 3 p.m. Central Time. The three finalists with the most votes will receive $2,000, $1,000, and $500, respectively.
About Grinnell Mutual
Grinnell Mutual, in business since 1909, is the 117th-largest property-casualty insurance company in the United States and the largest primary reinsurer of farm mutual companies in North America. The company provides reinsurance for farm mutual insurance companies as well as property and casualty insurance. Its products are available in 14 states.
For more information:
Digital Marketing Strategist