Indianapolis (PRWEB) June 02, 2016
The world’s largest collection of model train exhibits, products and accessories pulls into downtown Indianapolis at the Indiana Convention Center (100 S. Capitol Ave.) on Friday, July 8 through Sunday, July 10. Held in a different North American city each year, the 2016 Annual National Train Show will showcase all aspects of model railroading including the industry’s newest and most unique products and services from manufacturers and retailers across the U.S. and around the world.
Special Highlights and Features
Covering 180,000 sq. ft. of space, including 44,000 sq. ft. featuring extraordinary operating model train displays, the 2016 Annual National Train Show special features include:
- The Incredible Lego® MiniLand – A 2,500 sq. ft. area is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, originally-designed display featuring operating model railroads, hundreds of train cars, various landscape settings and waterfalls, scale buildings, retractable bridges and more, all made entirely out of millions of Lego® pieces. Attendees will have the chance to “meet the modelers” and learn how to build their very own original display.
- Ask The Collectibles Appraiser – Have an old train set hidden away in the closet and wondering what it’s worth? Bring it to the show and find out from The Collectibles Expert. Free to all attendees.
- Children’s Play Area – 1,500 sq. ft. of fun including trains, games and more for children of all ages to enjoy during the show. The area is chaperoned at all times and is free of charge.
- Hands-On Demonstrations – Learn how to get started on your own model railroad empire and find out the latest techniques from well-known exhibitors and from pros at the Meet the Master Modeler booth.
Ticket Information – Great value for the whole family.
There are no advance ticket sales. Show tickets will be on sale ½ hour before the show opens each day at the Indiana Convention Center’s box office located in the Georgia Street lobby, on the Capitol Street side of the facility. The box office will close each day one hour before the show closes.
Pricing is as follows (subject to change):
- Children under age 6: Free
- Youth (ages 6-12): $7
- Teen (ages 13-17): $10
- Adult (ages 18-65): $14
- 2-day Adult (valid for one person only): $26
- Seniors (65+): $13
Dates and Times
Friday, July 8, 2016: Noon – 6 p.m.
Saturday, July 9, 2016: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday, July 10, 2016: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For more information and a list of exhibitors, visit nationaltrainshow.org.
About the National Train Show
The National Train Show® was established in 1988 by the National Model Railroad Association as a nationally sponsored combined industry trade show and public train show to promote the hobby of model railroading. The 2016 National Train Show is held in conjunction with the national convention of the NMRA July 8-10 in Indianapolis.
About the National Model Railroad Association
The National Model Railroad Association® (NMRA®) is a not -for-profit organization dedicated to the promotion of and education about the model railroading hobby. Founded in 1935, the organization is the largest of its kind in the world.
Andy Wilson & Jessica Redden, Bohlsen Group
awilson(at)bohlsengroup(dot)com | jredden(at)bohlsengroup(dot)com
For hi-res images / art or possible advance interviews, contact Andy Wilson, Bohlsen Group | 317.602.7137 | awilson(at)bohlsengroup(dot)com