LINCOLN, R.I. (PRWEB) June 06, 2016
As days get longer and the temperature rises, more people will cool off in backyard pools with family and friends. However, it’s important to ensure that safety is a priority, so Amica Insurance is sharing some swimming tips.
According to the American Red Cross, more than 200 children drown in backyard swimming pools each year. That’s why Amica is offering the following tips from Pool Safely and the Red Cross:
- Never leave a child unattended in or near the water.
- Teach children how to swim.
- Have young or inexperienced swimmers wear a U.S. Coast Guard-approved life jacket.
- Teach children to stay away from drains.
- Ensure all pools and spas – both in the backyard and at public places – have compliant drain covers.
- Install proper barriers, covers and alarms on and around the pool or spa.
- Regularly test and adjust the chemical levels to minimize the risk of earaches, rashes or more serious diseases.
- Know how to perform CPR on children and adults.
- Establish and enforce rules and safe behaviors.
About Amica Insurance
Amica Mutual Insurance Co., the nation’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles, was founded in 1907. The company, based in Lincoln, Rhode Island, is a national writer of auto, home, marine and umbrella insurance. Life coverage is available through Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary. Amica employs more than 3,400 people in 44 offices across the country. For more information, visit Amica.com.
Media inquiries can be sent to MediaCenter(at)amica(dot)com.
Facebook: Amica Mutual Insurance Co.