McLean, VA (PRWEB) June 08, 2016
What: SLA 2016 Annual Conference & INFO-EXPO is the largest meeting of special librarians and information professionals in North America.
Who: The Special Libraries Association (SLA) is a nonprofit global organization for innovative information professionals and their strategic partners in business, government, academic, and other “specialized” settings. Conference attendees include a wide variety of special librarians and information professionals, including collections managers, research/intelligence directors, information center managers, knowledge managers, Web developers, information analysts and consultants, content managers, user experience specialists, educators, and content rights managers.
Why: SLA 2016 provides focused sessions to targeted audiences in information management careers. Sessions addressing business topics and strategic issues include:
- Copyright Literacy in Your Organization by Lesley Ellen Harris, Copyrightlaws.com
- Knowledge Retention Strategies for Information Professionals by Blane Dessy, Library of Congress
- Integrating CRM into Your Corporate Research Strategy by Zena Applebaum, Bennett Jones SLP, and Sue Cronizer, NetSuite
- Counter-Intelligence in the Digital Age by Claudia Clayton, ViewPoint; Derek Johnson, Aurora WDC; and John Thomson, Aurora WDC
- Integrating Information into the Engineering Design Process by Michael Fosmire, Purdue University Libraries; Laura Robinson Hanlon, Worcester Polytechnic Institute; and Natasha Johnson, Purdue University
- Cybersecurity and Cyberliability by Mark Greisiger, NetDiligence; Alex Ilg, Morgan Stanley; Austin Morris Jr., Morris Risk Management LLC; and John Mullen, Lewis Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Human Resources and Competitive Intelligence Integration: A Recruiting Competitive Advantage by Stephanie Heyroth, Allstate Insurance Company
When: June 12 – 14, 2016
Where: Pennsylvania Convention Center
Contact: Media interested in receiving press passes for this event should contact:
Kate O’Donnell, CAE, Vice President, Brand & Content Strategy