Chicago (PRWEB) June 08, 2016
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, today released the Email Marketing: Best of Breed Software Grid report to help businesses make the best email marketing technology decision. Salesforce Marketing Cloud, MailChimp, AWeber, GetResponse, Campaign Monitor and iContact were named Leaders in the report, receiving strong customer satisfaction scores with a large market presence.
Robly, OpenMoves Email Marketing Platform, ActiveCampaign, Maropost Marketing Cloud, dotmailer, Listrak, Adestra, Delivra and ExpressPigeon were named High Performers in the report, earning strong customer satisfaction marks with smaller market presence scores. Robly earned the highest overall satisfaction score, while Salesforce Marketing Cloud earned the highest overall market presence score.
The Grid leverages customer satisfaction data reported by authenticated users along with vendor market presence determined from social and public data. Based on a combination of these scores, each software solution is categorized as a Leader, High Performer, Contender, or Niche.
- WYS isn’t always WYG — All products featured in the Email Marketing: Best of Breed Spring 2016 Grid℠ Report offer WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) functionality, which is intended to simplify the email creation process for users without HTML experience. Many users experienced difficulties with products’ WYSIWYG editors, though, and noted that they would like to be able to more-easily customize email templates. Only eight of the 26 products featured in this report received ease of use ratings higher than 90 percent.
- Small business soars — The majority of Email Marketing: Best of Breed reviews came from users employed at small businesses (companies with 50 or fewer employees). On average, 58 percent of reviewers were from small businesses, with only 30 percent from mid-sized businesses (51-1000 employees) and ten percent from enterprise-level businesses (more than 1000 employees). Most products appearing on all three customer segment Grids℠ received higher satisfaction scores on the Small Business Grid℠ than those for the other two customer segments, indicating the products in this report are meeting the needs of smaller businesses but may lack some functionality desired by employees of larger organizations.
- Making the most of audiences — Reviewers often mentioned appreciating products with more advanced functionality that helps engage and track user behavior such as list segmentation, A/B testing, autoresponders, and advanced analytics. These features, however, were some of the lowest rated in the Email Marketing: Best of Breed report, which shows not all products are adding functionality beyond basic email creation and sending.
About the Email Marketing: Best of Breed Grid report:
- The report is based on more than 2,200 reviews written by business professionals.
- Of the 126 products listed in G2 Crowd’s Email Marketing: Best of Breed category, the ranked products each received ten or more reviews to qualify for inclusion on the Grid.
About G2 Crowd, Inc.
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, leverages more than 80,000 user reviews to drive better purchasing decisions. Technology buyers, investors, and analysts use the site to compare and select the best software based on peer reviews and synthesized social data. Monthly more than a half-million people visit G2 Crowd’s site. Co-founded by the founder and former executives from SaaS leader BigMachines and backed by roughly $12 million in capital, G2 Crowd aims to bring authenticity and transparency to business technology research. For more information, go to G2Crowd.com.