Payments represent the second or third highest cost of operation for most merchants. Our program is designed to help merchants cope with these costs, rule changes, liability shift and the ever-changing payments landscape” said Mark Horwedel, CEO, MAG.
Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) June 08, 2016
The MAG’s 8th Annual Conference offers a full slate of educational and networking events designed to help payment professionals address challenges and opportunities for innovation in the payments system. “Payments represent the second or third highest cost of operation for most merchants. Our program is designed to help merchants cope with these costs, rule changes, liability shift and the ever-changing payments landscape” said Mark Horwedel, MAG chief executive officer.
Payments professionals from member merchants as well as the payments businesses’ largest merchant acquirers, payment networks, consultants and many other payments service providers will conduct panels focused on the conference theme as well as the unique challenges presented by the EMV conversion.
The conference agenda will include:
- Keynote addresses from the CEOs of First Data and Discover Financial Services
- Educational sessions covering Fraud and Chargeback Management-Best Practices and Real World Solutions and Payments 101/201
- General Session topics focusing on Payments Strategy, Corporate Strategies for Preventing Payments Fraud, ACH, Omni-Channel and the latest on EMV.
- Insights from top Acquirer, Network and Merchant Executives
The MAG would like to thank all of our annual sponsors, particularly our Elite Acquirer Sponsors, Bank of America Merchant Services, Chase Paymentech, First Data, Heartland Payment Systems, TD Merchant Services, Vantiv and WorldPay. Their generous support allows the MAG to present this important educational opportunity to the merchant community.
Program and Speaker Highlights
- Frank Bisignano, CEO, First Data
- David Nelms, CEO, Discover Financial Services
The following topics will be discussed
- ACH: panelists will discuss how merchants can save money by using the ACH to process consumer payments.
- The Importance of Payment Strategy: Panelists will discuss how a merchant’s business is going to change and the implications.
- Omni-Channel Optimization: Private label cards, customer experience and reconciliation are just some of the focus points panel members will address and give advice on how to circumvent these challenges.
- EMV: panelists and aquirers’ will discuss how they approached or are approaching EMV for both implementations and steady state perspectives.
- Corporate Strategies for Preventing Payments Fraud: Panelists will focus on how companies and their bank service providers can work together to mitigate fraud risk
To view the complete agenda and register online visit http://www.merchantadvisorygroup.org
About the Merchant Advisory Group
The Merchant Advisory Group (MAG) was founded in 2008 by a small visionary group of merchants in the payments field dedicated to driving positive change in payments through multi-stakeholder collaboration. Today, the MAG represents over 100 of the largest U.S. merchants who account for nearly $2.6 trillion in annual sales at over 430,000 locations across the U.S. and online. Roughly $1.5 trillion of those sales are electronic representing over 41 billion card payments. MAG members employ nearly 11.5 million associates.