And we would like to thank and congratulate every company for taking part in this process – the quality of entries as always was incredibly high
(PRWEB) June 08, 2016
The TU-Automotive Awards covered 10 categories each showcasing a specific aspect of the connected car industry. The winners were selected by 30 top industry experts that specialize in different aspects of the industry. The 2016 TU-Automotive Awards winners were judged based on the following criteria: Innovation, Industry Engagement, User Experience and Market Update. They represent all the dynamism and future of the industry.
Ruthana Foulkes, managing director at TU-Automotive said: “We launched the TU-Automotive Awards in December of last year with the objective of recognizing innovation and success across the globe from companies established and new. We received a record number of nominations this year - over 400 in total. And we would like to thank and congratulate every company for taking part in this process – the quality of entries as always was incredibly high”
The 2016 TU-Automotive Awards winners are:
- OEM of the year – Joint winners: Volvo Car Group & Ford Motor Company
- Telematics Service Provider of the year – Wireless Car
- Best Telematics Product/Service – Movimento for Movimento’s Over-The-Air platform
- Best Insurance Telematics Product/Service – AXA Global Direct France for YouDrive
- Best Active Safety or ADAS Product/Service – Volvo Car for Pilot Assist
- Best Auto Mobility Product/Service – Veniam for Veniam
- Best Auto Cybersecurity Product/Service – Security Innovation for Aerolink
- Best Aftermarket Telematics Product/Service – MagellanGPS for Magellan eXplorist TRX7
- Newcomer of the year – PolySync (previously Harbrick Technologies)
- Influencer of the year – Julia Steyn, Vice President of Urban Mobility Programs, General Motors
To learn more about the 2016 TU-Automotive Awards winners and to get further comments from the judges, visit the website: http://www.tu-auto.com/awards
The TU-Automotive Awards took place the day before the TU-Automotive Detroit Conference and Exhibition. To find out more about the conference visit: http://www.tu-auto.com/detroit
Tracking Automotive Technology: TU-Automotive is the reference point and communications hub for the evolving automotive technology segment as it converges with consumer electronics, mobile and IoT to re-define connectivity, mobility and autonomous use-cases. For more information visit: http://analysis.tu-auto.com/ or follow us on Twitter @TUAutomotive
Penton is an innovative information services company that empowers nearly 20 million business decision makers in markets that drive more than 12 trillion dollars in purchases each year. Our products inform with rich industry insights and workflow tools; engage through dynamic events, education and networking; and advance business with powerful marketing services programs. Penton is the way smart businesses buy, sell and grow.
Headquartered in New York, Penton is privately owned by MidOcean Partners and Wasserstein & Co., LP. For more information, visit http://www.penton.com or follow us on Twitter @PentonNow.
Awards Director | TU-Automotive
7-9 Fashion Street, London, E1 6PX, UK
Office: +44 (0)20 7375 7178 | (USA Toll Free) 1 800 814 3459 ext 7178