Henderson, Ky. (PRWEB) June 08, 2016
With U.S. elections approaching this fall, the topic of leadership is forefront in national discussions. The characteristics of excellent leaders are in hot debate. Timely and relevant questions are “What are qualities of a good leader?” and “How does a leader get better?”
Willow Creek Association (WCA) drives relevant conversations about leadership and presents solutions to leadership challenges through its catalytic Global Leadership Summit. Among headlining 2016 faculty are:
- Melinda Gates, co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- John C. Maxwell, leadership expert, coach and bestselling author of Intentional Living: Choosing a Life That Matters
- Alan Mulally, president and CEO of The Ford Motor Company from 2006-2014
- Patrick Lencioni, founder of The Table Group, best-selling author of 10 business books, including The Five Dysfunctions of a Team
Bill Hybels, founder of The Global Leadership Summit and senior pastor at Willow Creek Community Church, opens and hosts the two-day event.
Anticipated by thousands of attendees, this year’s Summit will be held on August 11 and 12. The Global Leadership Summit, in its 22nd year, is simulcast to hundreds of cities in North America. The conference is growing annually; attendance is presently anticipated at more than 305,000 globally in 125 countries translated in 59 languages.
This year the Global Leadership Summit will be available in the Tristate at:
The Old National Events Plaza in Evansville
The Fine Arts Center in Henderson
The Owensboro Convention Center
Faculty members are the best of the best in their areas of expertise. They are selected for their innovative approaches and proven success in the faith-based, nonprofit, government, education and business sectors.
Hybels strongly advocates for presenting attendees with diverse speakers and ideas. He shares, “We live in a world of powerful ideas. The Summit team purposefully selects faculty who offer different perspectives. We best serve leaders by expanding their learning bandwidths.”
Scheduled 2016 Summit topics include ways to execute ideas, accelerate teamwork and grow emotional intelligence. Additional notable 2016 faculty who will deliver vision, inspiration and practical skills are:
- Dr. Travis Bradberry, co-founder of TalentSmart, author of Emotional Intelligence 2.0
- Jossy Chacko, founder and president, Empart Inc.
- Wilfredo De Jesús, senior pastor, New Life Covenant Church, author of In the Gap
- Bishop T.D. Jakes, founder and senior pastor of The Potter’s House, author of Destiny: Step into Your Purpose and producer of Miracles from Heaven, starring Jennifer Garner
- Chris McChesney, executive at Franklin Covey, author of The 4 Disciplines of Execution
- Erin Meyer, professor at INSEAD business school, author of The Culture Map
- Horst Schulze, CEO Capella Hotel Group and founding president, The Ritz-Carlton Group
- Danielle Strickland, Salvation Army officer, advocate and author of A Beautiful Mess
Event feedback supports Hybels’ belief that, “Everyone wins when a leader gets better.” Attendees find that taking the time to recalibrate and re-energize drives results. Independent research shows 83 percent of leaders who attended The Global Leadership Summit in consecutive years feel improved teamwork increased job satisfaction and productivity.
Presently, there is a special early bird price available of $99 through local GLS Partners. Regular price is $189.
Many businesses, nonprofits and churches bring teams of leaders and make it an annual leadership retreat. Sign up today!
More information is available at tristateleaders.com
Bob Seymore, 812.483.5106