RAPID CITY, S.D. (PRWEB) June 09, 2016
The South Dakota School of Mines & Technology will host hundreds of prospective students during two summer Go to Mines events.
High schools students and their families are invited to South Dakota Mines on Friday, June 17, and Saturday, July 23, to tour departments, residence halls and other facilities and to meet faculty and current students.
The in-depth campus visits are open to students of all ages, particularly juniors and seniors exploring their college options.
South Dakota Mines, a science and engineering research institution offering bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees, is consistently ranked among the top returns on investment nationally for a college education.
The placement rate is 98 percent, with an average early-career salary for graduates of $62,300, according to the 2015-2016 PayScale report. The university enrolls 2,843 students with a student-to-faculty ratio of 15:1.
Through the many labs, research projects and competitive teams, students participate in rich hands-on learning experiences beginning their freshman year. South Dakota Mines is also known for its specialized internship program. Last year, 78 percent of students had already worked for companies throughout the state and country during internships and co-op experiences prior to graduation.
Pre-registration is encouraged but not required for the June 17 and July 23 Go to Mines events. Prospective students and their families may pre-register at http://www.sdsmt.edu.
Another Go to Mines event is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 22.
A Typical Go To Mines Schedule
· Registration: 8:30 a.m. (Surbeck Center)
· Welcome session: 9 a.m. (Surbeck Center Ballroom)
· Information fair: 9:45 a.m. (Surbeck Center South Lounge)
· Department open houses: 11 a.m. (various locations on campus)
· Lunch: 12-2 p.m.
· Campus and residential hall tours: 12-2:15 p.m. (leaving every 5-10 minutes)
· Second department open house: 1 p.m. (various locations on campus)
If You Go
· What: Go to Mines open house
· When: Friday, June 17, & Saturday, July 23
· Why: Find out why over 2,800 students have decided to enroll at Mines
· Call: 394-2414 or (877) 877-6044 (option 1)
· Register: Online at http://www.sdsmt.edu/visit
· Email: admissions(at)sdsmt(dot)edu