Washington, DC (PRWEB) June 10, 2016
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is pleased to announce the date for its rescheduled webinar, “Medicare-Medicaid Dual Eligibles: Translating Lessons Learned Into Strategies for Future Programs.” On June 21, three industry experts will provide an in-depth look at lessons learned by the health plans and states working with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) in the Financial Alignment Initiative (FAI) for Medicare-Medicaid dual eligibles.
Melanie Bella, senior vice president of policy and strategy at Alignment Healthcare; Sarah Brooks, deputy director, health care delivery systems for the California Department of Health Care Services; and Lisa Rubino, senior vice president, strategic products at Molina Healthcare, will provide answers to key questions such as:
- What has worked in getting duals beneficiaries engaged to participate in duals programs? What has not worked?
- What techniques have reduced (or are likely to reduce in the future) the degree of provider misgivings about the duals demo? How can plans and states overcome resistance to new training and collaboration requirements for providers?
- How have plans in the demo changed programs to deal with the behavioral health needs of the duals? With what success?
- What do the initial data suggest about the potential for achieving cost savings in the future? Which adjustments could lead to greater future savings?
- What has been California’s experience in using the FAI as a means of moving duals out of institutions and avoiding institutionalization?
- How have states and plans fostered the movement to interdisciplinary care teams serving duals populations? Where has this been most successful? Least successful?
- What is the likelihood that demo states will remain in and adopt the two-year extension in the FAI? What milestones will help determine this?
- What new initiatives are some states developing either in lieu of or in addition to the demo, especially in managed long-term services and supports?
- How can what has been learned so far from the FAI be translated into permanent program changes?
Visit https://aishealth.com/marketplace/c6a09_062116 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for nearly 30 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals and health systems, health insurance companies, medical group practices, purchasers of health insurance, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, databases, websites, looseleafs, strategic reports, directories, webinars and virtual conferences.