“The way enterprises are consuming cloud technology is evolving and cloud policy management needs to evolve with them,”
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) June 14, 2016
SCALR, the leading cloud management platform, today announced the availability of version 6.0 of the SCALR Enterprise-Grade Cloud Management Platform. This update to the SCALR Enterprise-Grade Cloud Management Platform, based on input from enterprise customers and thousands of members of the SCALR open-source community, contains new features and capabilities to meet the evolving needs of enterprises and the changing direction of the cloud market. As enterprise cloud use has become mainstream, a multi-cloud strategy is increasingly preferred, driving organizational need for reducing complexity through standardized cloud policy. SCALR 6.0 addresses this need and provides a way to seamlessly add more policy controls in the future, ensuring changing enterprise needs can be quickly met.
“The way enterprises are consuming cloud technology is evolving and cloud policy management needs to evolve with them,” said Sebastian Stadil, founder and CEO of SCALR. “SCALR 6.0 simplifies the process of standardizing and enforcing policies in multi-cloud environments.”
SCALR 6.0 provides IT teams with new options and tools to manage access, guide user choice, and enforce controls, helping enterprises drive agility across the organization by empowering developers with self-service provisioning, while enforcing the required guardrails around finance, security, orchestration and governance.
Quick Start Role Groups now provide the option to present a service catalog by Role, making it easier to find and more likely to be used, increasing adherence to governance and compliance policy. In 6.0, administrators can create custom role groups and add automation roles they create for particular use-cases. Extended Role Builder also now supports Ubuntu 16.04 and Amazon Linux 2016.03.
New cloud policy enforcement capabilities include tools to:
- Restrict instance types and sizes for any region
- Enforce different tagging policies based on OS types
- Restrict the usage of AWS IAM profiles for EC2 Instances
- Mandate the usage of encryption keys on cloud resources
- Restrict the VPCs and VLANS that can be used
- Restrict the usage of Resource Groups for Azure VMs
In addition, version 6.0 of the Scalr Enterprise-Grade Cloud Management Platform includes features to help ease cloud administration, security and cost controls:
- Garbage Collector - This feature serves as an aggregator for orphaned storage resources and allows administrators to easily discard unused volumes. Garbage Collector is available now for AWS EBS volumes, additional Garbage Collection options will be added soon.
- SAML Authentication - Integrate with more IDP providers for enterprise Single Sign-On.
- Increased features for Microsoft Azure users - SCALR Cost Analytics now displays bandwidth costs for Azure. New automation Roles can be found in the service catalog.
To learn more about the SCALR Enterprise-Grade Cloud Management Platform, please see http://www.scalr.com/lp/on-demand-webinar/introducing-scalr-6-0?utm_campaign=Press%20Release%3A%20Scalr%206.0%20-%202016&utm_source=ppc
The Scalr Enterprise-Grade Cloud Management Platform enables today’s enterprises to achieve cost-effective, automated and standardized application deployments across multi-cloud environments. Scalr utilizes a hierarchical, top-down approach to policy enforcement that empowers administrators to find the balance between the needs of finance, security, IT and development teams. Founded in 2007, leading global organizations have selected the Scalr platform, including Samsung, Expedia, NASA JPL, Gannett, The Food & Drug Administration, Acxiom and Autodesk.
For more information, watch Scalr’s On-Demand Webinar “Introducing Scalr 6.0!”