NEW YORK (PRWEB) June 14, 2016
Shareholders from four offices at global law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP were winners at the Euromoney Legal Media Group’s annual “Americas Women in Business Law Awards” ceremony held June 9 at Essex House in New York.
The Greenberg Traurig winners were as follows:
- Hilarie Bass, Greenberg Traurig’s Co-President, received the Editors Choice, Outstanding Practitioner Award. In addition to her co-president role, Bass currently serves on the firm’s Executive Committee and previously served an eight-year term as national chair of its 600-member litigation department. She is the ABA President-Elect nominee and a shareholder in the firm’s Miami office.
- Lori G. Cohen, Chair of the firm’s Pharmaceutical, Medical Device & Health Care Litigation Practice and its Trial Practice Group, won the Best in Life Sciences Award. Cohen also serves on the firm’s Executive Committee. She has particular experience in winning trials for pharmaceutical, medical device, and other companies in “bet the company” and significant litigation. She is a shareholder in the firm’s Atlanta office.
- Susan L. Heller, Chair of Greenberg Traurig’s Global Trademarks and Brand Management Group and Co-Chair of the Greenberg Traurig Women’s Initiative, won the Best in Trademark Award. Heller is consistently recognized as having one of the preeminent and internationally recognized trademark practices in the United States. She is a shareholder in the firm’s Orange County office.
- Barbara T. Kaplan, Co-Chair of the firm’s Global Tax Practice and Chair of the National Tax Audits and Litigation team and its New York Tax Practice, won the Best in Tax Dispute Resolution Award. Kaplan is a leader in the national and international tax communities and a role model to junior attorneys at Greenberg Traurig. She is a shareholder in the New York City office.
According to the Euromoney website, firm, country, and regional winners are chosen on their ability to support the development of women in the legal profession and provide a work/life program that empowers women to pursue legal careers. For 2016, the firm was shortlisted in the categories below. In addition, Greenberg Traurig had 15 women shortlisted for individual awards:
Best International Firm for Women in Business Law:
Greenberg Traurig Women’s Initiative (GTWI) fosters the success of women attorneys, strengthens the firm’s culture, contributes to the firm’s financial health, and allows the firm to better serve clients. GTWI focuses its efforts on leading by example. This includes hiring, retaining, advancing, and integrating women attorneys. By placing the utmost importance on the success of its women attorneys, the firm has created opportunities for these women to be role models for others aspiring to work in the legal industry.
Best International Firm for Diversity:
Since its founding, Greenberg Traurig has made a commitment to cultivating a work environment emphasizing diversity and inclusion. For decades, the firm has fostered this commitment through its Diversity Initiative. The responsibility and success of this initiative relies on Greenberg Traurig’s attorneys’ commitment and dedication to nurture diversity and continue to create an environment where differences are embraced and utilized creatively.
Best International Firm for Pro Bono Work:
Firmwide, Greenberg Traurig regularly advises on matters as wide-reaching as human rights and economic development, to as personal as domestic violence, children’s issues, and immigration. A signature part of the firm’s pro bono program’s focus is on issues impacting women. These efforts are supported by dedicated Greenberg Traurig attorneys in partnership with numerous organizations. Significant partnerships include Equal Justice Works, Her Justice, Incarcerated Mothers Law Project, Girls in Tech, and Legal Services of Northern Virginia.
Best International Firm Latin America Practice:
Greenberg Traurig’s prominent Latin America and Iberian Practice spans across 15 offices, bringing together multilingual and multicultural lawyers located in Amsterdam, Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Miami, New York, Orlando, West Palm Beach, Silicon Valley, and Washington, D.C.
Best International Mentoring Program:
Greenberg Traurig’s Associate Development Program provides a comprehensive support system to enhance an associate’s career at the firm. Although offered to all associates, GTWI benefits from this program as it ensures that women associates receive the guidance, support, and in-depth business development training they need to succeed in an increasingly competitive legal market.
Best Law Firm:
Greenberg Traurig was shortlisted in five different regions as a Best Law Firm based on the ratio of male to women attorneys in each office at every level: associate, of counsel, and shareholder. In addition, according to Euromoney, this selection is also based on Greenberg Traurig’s overall firm submissions. The firm was recognized as a finalist in the following locations:
- Best Firm, Latin America –Mexico
- Best Firm, North America – Midwest
- Best Firm, North America – Northeast
- Best Firm, North America – US South
- Best Firm, North America – US West
In 2015, Greenberg Traurig’s Mary F. Voce won in the Best in Tax category, and the firm and its attorneys were shortlisted for 10 other Euromoney awards, including two firmwide categories, “Best International Firm Latin America Practice” and “Best International Mentoring Program.”
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP is an international, multi-practice law firm with approximately 1,900 attorneys serving clients from 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. The firm is No. 1 on the 2015 Law360 Most Charitable Firms list, third largest in the U.S. on the 2015 Law360 400, Top 20 on the 2015 Am Law Global 100, and among the 2015 BTI Brand Elite. More information at: http://www.gtlaw.com.