MIAMI, Fla. (PRWEB) June 24, 2016
Global law firm Greenberg Traurig, P.A. announced that 20 Florida attorneys are recognized in Florida Trend magazine’s 2016 Legal Elite. The attorneys chosen by their peers for this recognition are considered among the top 2 percent of lawyers practicing within the state of Florida.
Seven Greenberg Traurig Shareholders received special honors as members of this year’s Legal Elite Hall of Fame: Miami Shareholders Mark D. Bloom, Burt Bruton, Gary A. Saul and Elliot H. Scherker; Tallahassee Shareholder Barry Richard; and Tampa Shareholders Richard C. McCrea Jr. and David B. Weinstein. Hall of Fame designees have been recognized in the Legal Elite every year for at least the past decade.
Tallahassee Associate Michael H. Moody was also recognized by Legal Elite as an Up and Comer. Respected by their peers for excellence in the legal field, these attorneys under 40 years old represent the future of the legal profession in Florida.
Recognized for the first time in 2016 are: Fort Lauderdale Shareholder Dan McCawley and Miami Shareholder Ricardo L. Fraga.
The nomination process for Florida Legal Elite is open to all Florida Bar members, who are asked to “name attorneys whom they hold in the highest regard or would recommend to others.”
The following Greenberg Traurig attorneys are listed among Florida Trend’s Legal Elite honorees:
- Dan McCawley, Real Estate
- Mark D. Bloom, Bankruptcy & Workout, Hall of Fame
- Burt Bruton, Real Estate, Hall of Fame
- Joseph Z. Fleming, Labor & Employment
- Ricardo L. Fraga, Real Estate
- Barry L. Rothberg, Commercial Litigation
- Gary A. Saul, Real Estate, Hall of Fame
- Elliot H. Scherker, Appellate Practice, Hall of Fame
- Russell P. Hintze, Tax
- I. William Spivey II, Commercial Litigation
- Michael D. Starks, Banking & Financial
- Michael H. Moody, Commercial Litigation, Up and Comer
- Sonya C. Penley, Health
- Barry Richard, Commercial Litigation, Hall of Fame
- Michael G. Cooke, Environmental & Land Use
- Gregory W. Kehoe, International
- Richard C. McCrea Jr., Labor & Employment, Hall of Fame
- Christopher Torres, Environmental & Land Use
- David B. Weinstein, Environmental & Land Use, Hall of Fame
- Peter W. Zinober, Labor & Employment
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP is an international, multi-practice law firm with approximately 1,900 attorneys serving clients from 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. The firm is No. 1 on the 2015 Law360 Most Charitable Firms list, third largest in the U.S. on the 2015 Law360 400, on the 2015 Am Law Global 100, and among the 2015 BTI Brand Elite. More information at: http://www.gtlaw.com.