Washington, DC (PRWEB) June 28, 2016
Leading entrepreneurs and futurists will anchor the World Future Society’s 50th anniversary summit: WorldFuture 2016, July 22 to 24 at the Washington Hilton:
- Kimbal Musk, chef and the co-founder of the restaurant The Kitchen and The Kitchen Community, which puts education gardens in public spaces including schools. A member of the boards of Chipotle Mexican Grill, SpaceX and Tesla, Musk just launched a healthy “grab-and-go” café called The Kitchenette in Memphis, which will offer healthy meals for just $5.
- Bob Richards, the co-founder and CEO of Moon Express, which is on the verge of being the first privately funded company to make a commercial flight to the Moon. Richards is also co-founder of the International Space University, Singularity University, SEDS, the Space Generation Foundation and Google Lunar X PRIZE competitors Odyssey Moon.
- Wayne Pacelle, a leading animal rights proponent and author, and president and CEO of the Humane Society of the United States. Pacelle’s most recent book, which was published in April, is The Humane Economy: How Innovators and Enlightened Consumers Are Transforming the Lives of Animals. He is also the author of The Bond: Our Kinship with Animals, Our Call to Defend Them.
Their visions and missions will be lifted even higher by the spoken-word artist Sekou Andrews of Poetic Voice, who will perform an inspirational and poetic journey into the future we collectively envision and call on participants to make a positive future a reality.
With optimism as its core theme, the WorldFuture 2016 summit will offer:
- An update on the future
- Skills for adapting to accelerating change
- Networking with visionaries
- Opportunities to connect with industry leading futurists and outside experts people who contemplate the future
- Deep insights on critical issues – a jolt to your brain.
WorldFuture 2016’s tracks are:
- Economics, Business & Work
- Science, Tech, Space and Beyond
- Global Thinking and Connectivity
- The Futurist Mindset
- Health, Disease and Lifespans
- The Environment and Resources
- Evolution and Human Nature
- Infrastructure and Government
About World Future Society
The World Future Society (WFS) is the world’s premier community of future-minded citizens. Its mission is to harness the spirit of discovery, the power of imagination and the energy of collective action to create a brighter future for all. The Society has more than 4,000 members in 82 countries. A 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, WFS was founded in 1966 and headquartered in Chicago, IL. For more information, please visit, http://www.wfs.org and http://www.worldfuture2016.org