The talented and dedicated people who sit on our boards make invaluable contributions to our advocacy, research, and quality improvement work.
WASHINGTON, DC (PRWEB) July 01, 2016
America's Essential Hospitals and its research and quality arm, Essential Hospitals Institute, today announced new member leaders for each organization's board of directors.
"The talented and dedicated people who sit on our boards make invaluable contributions to our advocacy, research, and quality improvement work - we're fortunate to have their support," said Bruce Siegel, MD, MPH, president and CEO of America's Essential Hospitals.
John Haupert, president and CEO of Grady Memorial Hospital, in Atlanta, becomes America's Essential Hospitals' board chair, replacing Johnese Spisso, MPA, UCLA Hospital System CEO, UCLA Health System president, and associate vice chancellor of the University of California Los Angeles. Spisso becomes past-chair.
Donna Sollenberger, MA, executive vice president and CEO of University of Texas Medical Branch, in Galveston, Texas, becomes the association's new chair-elect. The association's new treasurer is Sharon O'Keefe, MS, president of University of Chicago Medicine. Michael Karpf, MD, executive vice president for health affairs at UK HealthCare, in Lexington, Kentucky, continues as the board's secretary.
The new Essential Hospitals Institute board chair is Leon Haley, MD, MHSA, executive associate dean of clinical services at Grady Memorial Hospital and chief medical officer at the Emory Care Foundation. Haley succeeds Anna Roth, MPH, MS, RN, CEO of Contra Costa Regional Medical Center, in Martinez, California. Roth becomes past-chair.
The Institute's new chair-elect and secretary is Susan Moffatt-Bruce, MD, PhD, chief quality and patient safety officer at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, in Columbus. Delvecchio Finley, MPP, CEO of Alameda Health System, in Oakland, California, becomes the Institute's new treasurer. Siegel continues as recording secretary (ex officio).
New and Continuing Directors
America's Essential Hospitals' board welcomes these new at-large member directors:
- Patrick Cawley, MD, MHM, executive director and CEO, MUSC Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina
- Eric Dickson, MD, MHCM, president and CEO, UMass Memorial Health Care, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Steve Purves, president and CEO, Maricopa Integrated Health System, Phoenix
These member leaders continue as at-large association board directors:
- Akram Boutros, MD, president and CEO, The MetroHealth System, Cleveland
- Susan Ehrlich, MD, MPP, CEO, Zuckerberg San Francisco General
- Wright Lassiter III, president, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit
- Carlos Migoya, president and CEO, Jackson Health System, Miami
- Ramanathan Raju, MD, MBA, president and CEO, NYC Health + Hospitals
- Samuel Ross, MD, MS, CEO, Bon Secours Hospital, Baltimore
- Joseph Scott, president and CEO, Jersey City Medical Center - RWJBarnabas Health, Jersey City, New Jersey
- Irene Thompson, executive advisor to the CEO and vice-chair, AMC Networks board of managers, Vizient Inc., Irving, Texas (ex officio)
The Essential Hospitals Institute board added these new member directors:
- Anthony Patterson, MSHA, senior vice president for inpatient services, UAB Hospital, Birmingham, Alabama
- Jon Pryor, MD, MBA, CEO, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis
- John Jay Shannon, MD, CEO, Cook County Health & Hospitals System, Chicago
These member leaders continue as Institute board directors:
- Christine Neuhoff, JD, system vice president, chief legal officer, St. Luke's Health System, Boise, Idaho
- L. Reuven Pasternak, MBA, MD, MPH, CEO and vice president for health systems, Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook, New York
These external leaders also continue as at-large Institute board directors:
- Ann Scott Blouin, PhD, RN, executive vice president of customer relations, The Joint Commission
- Donald Goldmann, MD, chief medical and scientific officer, Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Erica Murray, MPA, president and CEO, California Association of Public Hospitals and Health Systems
- Winston Wong, MD, MS, medical director, disparities improvement and quality initiatives, Kaiser Foundation Health Plan
- Julie Cerese, MSN, RN, senior vice president, performance improvement networks, Vizient Inc. (ex officio)
# # #
About America's Essential Hospitals
America's Essential Hospitals is the leading association and champion for hospitals and health systems dedicated to high-quality care for all, including the most vulnerable. Since 1981, America's Essential Hospitals has initiated, advanced, and preserved programs and policies that help these hospitals ensure access to care. We support members with advocacy, policy development, research, and education.
Our nearly 275 members are vital to their communities, providing primary care through trauma care, disaster response, health professional training, research, public health programs, and other services. They innovate and adapt to lead the broader health care community toward more effective and efficient care. Learn more at essentialhospitals.org.
About Essential Hospitals Institute
Essential Hospitals Institute is the research and quality arm of America's Essential Hospitals. The Institute supports the nation's essential hospitals as they provide high-quality, equitable, and affordable care to their communities. Working with members of America's Essential Hospitals, we identify promising practices from the field, conduct research, disseminate innovative strategies, and help our members improve their organizational performance. We do all of this with an eye toward improving individual and population health, especially for vulnerable people.