Celebrities appearing at the expo will include Billy Mitchell, considered by some as the greatest arcade and video game player of all time, and Richie Knucklez, world record-holder for the classic game Space Invaders.
Chicago, Illinois (PRWEB) July 11, 2016
A classic video-game contest and an air hockey challenge will highlight the first annual Arcade, Video & Game Room Expo 2016 set for Aug. 25-27 at the Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare Hotel & Conference Center, 5440 North River Road, Rosemont, Ill.
Event-goers can compete for the highest score playing classic video games. The top prize will be the popular Gorf (Galactic Orbiting Robot Force) arcade game. In addition, Gold Standard Air Hockey will have several free play air hockey tables at the event. Attendees can take part in a "Challenge the Champ" competition featuring a champion air hockey player.
Rob Berk of Warren, Ohio, founder of Pinball Expo, the first and longest-running vintage pinball exposition in the U.S., held each year in Chicago, is hosting the new event. "We are planning an exciting and fun-filled weekend for video gamers, collectors and enthusiasts," Berk said.
Video game celebrities appearing at the expo include:
- Billy Mitchell, considered by some as the greatest arcade and video game player of all time.
- Richie Knucklez, world record-holder for the classic game Space Invaders.
- Joel West, a Berzerk and Frenzy arcade world record holder.
- Walter Day, founder of Twin Galaxies Arcade in Iowa, and a video game scoring authority and historian.
- Eugene Jarvis, creator and author of Defender, Stargate, Robotron: 2084 and many more games.
- Doc Mack, owner of Galloping Ghost Arcade in Brookfield, Ill. that is billed as the largest arcade in the world.
In addition, there will more than 250 arcade, video and other coin-operated machines set on free play; vendor areas to purchase arcademachines, parts, publications and DVDs; seminars on video game topics; and an opportunity to visit Galloping Ghost Arcade.
Organizers are looking for arcade and video machines to be a part of the event. Contact Jason Kopp at (234) 281-5919. For vendor information, contact Tony Torisk at (330) 503-5539. For complete details including admission fees and registration forms, visit the expo website at http://www.AVGRexpo.com.