“We selected these students from a substantial group of applicants for their remarkable academic achievements and commitment to community service.” - Dr. Steven Ungerleider, GSD Executive Board Member
Los Angeles, California (PRWEB) July 13, 2016
The Foundation for Global Sports Development (GSD) is pleased to announce the winners of the 2016 Exceptional Youth Scholarship Award. The foundation established this scholarship to recognize high school students who have demonstrated outstanding dedication to both their academic success and the betterment of their community.
“This year’s group of scholarship recipients hold a great deal of promise in their futures,” said GSD Executive Board Member, Dr. Steven Ungerleider. “We selected these students from a substantial group of applicants for their remarkable academic achievements and commitment to community service.”
Scholarship recipients have been awarded $5,000 to be used towards their 2016-2017 tuition and expenses at a four-year university or college.
David Ulich, Executive Board Member for GSD, looks forward to watching these youth flourish in a college or university setting. “This scholarship is just one of the myriad ways we uphold education as one of our core values. Supporting young adults as they pursue a higher education is a continuation of our educational programs and grants designated for children and teens.”
GSD’s 2016 Exceptional Youth Scholarship winners are:
- Cynthia Aragon, Belmont Senior High School in Los Angeles, CA
- Jennifer Banuelos, Martin Luther King, Jr. Early College in Denver, CO
- Adrian Bugarin, Greeley Central High School in Greeley, CO
- Jaqueline Cisneros, Manual Arts High School in Los Angeles, CA
- Kristal Javieno, Crockett High School in Austin, TX
- Ivan Marroquin, Fairfax Senior High School in Los Angeles, CA
- Jacqueline Quirino, Thomas Jefferson High School in Los Angeles, CA
- Luke Rodriguez, Academy of Academic Excellence in Apple Valley, CA
- Marlyn Sanchez, UCLA Community School in Los Angeles, CA
- Paula Torres, University High School in Los Angeles, CA
To learn more about the Exceptional Youth Scholarship and The Foundation for Global Sports Development, please visit their website at http://www.GlobalSportsDevelopment.org.
About Global Sports Development
Working closely with international sports federations, generous donors and committed athletes, The Foundation for Global Sports Development promotes sportsmanship, education, fair play and ethics among the world's youth. The Foundation gives special emphasis to groups and communities that are most in need or most underserved by current programs, including women, minorities and youth in areas where the risk of delinquency is particularly high. Visit http://www.globalsportsdevelopment.org to learn more.