Somerset, N.J. (PRWEB) July 13, 2016
Catalent Pharma Solutions (booth 412), the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products, today announced that a number of its drug delivery experts will participate in the educational program at the upcoming Controlled Release Society Annual Meeting and Exposition, to be held at the Washington State Convention Center, Seattle, on July 17th – 20th, 2016.
On Sunday, July 17, the opening day of the event, Catalent is hosting a workshop from 8.00 a.m. – 1.00 p.m., entitled ‘Innovative Formulation Approaches to Improve Early Stage Development,’ where a number of the company’s scientific executives, along with experts from other organizations, will discuss topics such as:
- Robust pre-formulation studies to enable selection of the optimal delivery technology and formulation
- Lipid-based systems for overcoming bioavailability challenges during early development
- The rational design of solid dispersion formulations as an enabling technology for poorly soluble compounds
- Enhancing the bioavailability of dissolution-rate limited New Chemical Entities using particle-size reduction technology
- OptiForm® Solution Suite Bio: Accelerated parallel screening of formulation approaches for early development of non-invasive delivery of peptides and small proteins.
On Monday, July 18th at 1.15 p.m. Catalent will also host a Hot Topic Roundtable Session on ‘Improving Complex Oral Development – New Modified Release Technologies and Accelerated Development Programs,” which will include the following presentations:
- Introduction by Dr. Cornell Stamoran, Vice President, Strategy and Government Affairs at Catalent
- ‘Updates on Modified Release Technologies and Accelerated Development Approaches,’ by Mike Valazza, Catalent’s Vice President of Business Development, Advanced Delivery Technologies
- ‘Lipid-based Formulation and Soft Capsules: A Novel Approach for Modified Release of Challenging Compounds,’ by Dr. Jeffrey E. Browne, Director Science and Technology, Catalent.
Earlier that day, Dr. Stamoran will also moderate the Oral Delivery Scientific Session at 8.30 a.m., where speakers from Texas A&M Health Science Center and AbbVie will discuss advances in delivery science and technology for both systematically and locally acting oral formulations.
Catalent will also be showcasing its broad range of innovative delivery technologies and solutions designed to increase bioavailability and drug efficacy during the exposition. The full details of the company’s agenda can be found at http://www.catalent.com/index.php/news-events/events/Controlled-Release-Society-CRS-Annual-Meeting-Exposition.
For more information on the Controlled Release Society Annual Meeting and Exposition, visit: http://www.controlledreleasesociety.org/meetings/annual/Pages/default.aspx and to arrange a meeting with any of the attending Catalent executives, contact Richard Kerns at NEPR- richard(at)nepr(dot)eu.
Catalent is the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products. With over 80 years serving the industry, Catalent has proven expertise in bringing more customer products to market faster, enhancing product performance and ensuring reliable clinical and commercial product supply. Catalent employs approximately 8,700 people, including over 1,000 scientists, at 31 facilities across 5 continents, and in fiscal 2015 generated more than $1.8 billion in annual revenue. Catalent is headquartered in Somerset, N.J. For more information, visit http://www.catalent.com
More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied.™