We’re excited to sponsor this webinar so that Mullins, the definitive DB2 guru, can further educate registrants on the essential requirements mandated for DB2® security and compliance.
Naples, FL (PRWEB) July 14, 2016
CorreLog, the leader in multi-platform IT security event log management, today announced it will sponsor an informative and educational Database Activity Monitoring (DAM) webinar presented by mainframe data management strategist, author, and consultant Craig S. Mullins. Mullins is the president and principal consultant of Mullins Consulting, Inc., an IBM Gold Consultant, the publisher/editor of The Database Site, and has worked with IBM® DB2® since version 1.
Mullins webinar titled, “Who Did What to Which Data When?” will take place on Thursday, July 21 from 11:00 am to noon Eastern Time. All registrants will receive a copy of Mullins’ whitepaper titled “Who Did What to Which Data When?” to underpin key security, auditing, and compliance best-practices for DB2®. In this informative and educational webinar, registrants will learn about:
- Data management/governance
- Breach issues and dealing with data protection
- What data needs to be audited and auditing methods
- A use case on how CorreLog monitors and helps protect IBM DB2 data in real-time by employing CorreLog dbDefender™ DAM Agent for IBM DB2
“The mainframe is often left out when it comes to security auditing, leaving a gap in enterprise security,” said George Faucher, president and CEO of CorreLog. “Too many organizations do not realize that PCI DSS, among other standards, also applies to mainframes – not just distributed networks. We’re excited to sponsor this webinar so that Mullins, the definitive DB2 guru, can further educate registrants on the essential requirements mandated for DB2® security and compliance.”
Webinar Event Details:
- What: DB2® Webinar by Craig S. Mullins – “Who Did What to Which Data When?”
- When: Thursday, July 21 | 11:00 am – noon, U.S. Eastern Daylight Time
- Register: Click here to register for this webinar. If you are unable to attend but would like to receive a copy of the slide deck, please contact CorreLog at correlog.com/support.
CorreLog dbDefender™ DAM Agent for IBM® DB2®
dbDefender™ is a software-only solution that resides in a z/OS LPAR and sends real-time notifications on DB2 activity to the CorreLog Visualizer™ console or other WIN/UNIX-based SIEM system. CorreLog dbDefender™ is an affordable and highly-functional, real-time DAM product made specifically for IBM® DB2®. dbDefender™ provides the following DAM capabilities:
- Privileged user monitoring
- Auditing invalid logical access attempts, changes, inserts, transactions, and table activity
- Auditing of system-level objects
- Addition auditing of DB2® Utilities, DDL statements, DB2® console commands, DB2® object access, and other user activity linked to DB2®
- Detailed monitoring down to SQL statements
About Craig S. Mullins:
Craig S. Mullins is a data management strategist, researcher, and consultant. He is president and principal consultant of Mullins Consulting, Inc. and has been named by IBM as a Gold Consultant and an IBM Champion for Information Management. He was also named one of the Top 200 Thought Leaders in Big Data & Analytics by AnalyticsWeek magazine. Craig has more than three decades of experience in all facets of database systems development and has worked with DB2 since V1. You may know Craig from his popular books:
- DB2 Developer's Guide, 6th edition – containing more than 1500 pages of in-depth technical information on DB2 for z/OS
- Database Administration: The Complete Guide to DBA Practices and Procedures, 2nd edition – the industry's only comprehensive guide to heterogeneous database administration.
CorreLog, Inc. is the leading independent software vendor (ISV) for cross-platform IT security log management and correlation. Our solutions provide the best-in-class, real-time event log management across both distributed (Windows/UNIX/Linux) and mainframe platforms (IBM z/OS & i Series). Event Log data is ready-format for any name brand enterprise SIEM (Security Information & Event Management).
CorreLog’s flagship product, SIEM Agent for z/OS, is the first real-time z/OS event monitoring solution available, converting mainframe security events such as RACF, ACF2, Top Secret, and DB2 accesses into syslog events compatible with enterprise SIEM systems. CorreLog’s SIEM Agent has been designed to comply with standards set forth by PCI DSS, HIPAA, IRS Pub. 1075, SOX, GLBA, FISMA, NERC, and many other regulatory standards. For more information on CorreLog products, please visit http://www.correlog.com.
Copyright © 2016, CorreLog, Inc. All rights reserved.
All trademarks and registered trademarks used herein are the properties of their respective owners.