CHICAGO (PRWEB) July 14, 2016
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, today released the Learning Management Systems (LMS) Software Grid report to help businesses make the best LMS technology decision. Google Classroom, Blackboard, Canvas and D2L Brightspace were named Leaders in the report, receiving strong customer satisfaction scores with a large market presence.
Edmodo, Schoology, Moodle, Sakai and WizIQ LMS were named High Performers in the report, earning strong customer satisfaction marks with smaller market presence scores. Blackboard earned the highest overall satisfaction score, while Google Classroom earned the highest overall market presence score.
The Grid leverages customer satisfaction data reported by authenticated users along with vendor market presence determined from social and public data. Based on a combination of these scores, each software solution is categorized as a Leader, High Performer, Contender or Niche.
- General satisfaction – Reviewers of LMS software on G2 Crowd were generally happy customers. Every new product appearing on the Grid debuted with above-average ratings for satisfaction metrics, while the majority of seasoned products remained above average in their overall Satisfaction scores.
- Keep it simple – Ease of use was a primary talking point throughout reviews of the top six products on the Grid with the highest G2 score. Teachers and students are the primary end users for these products, so user-friendliness and minimal learning curve were paramount characteristics of the market leaders.
- About face – A significant number of reviews single out interface aesthetics as a make-or-break aspect of their LMS decision. Reviewers agree that a bland or unappealing design can make an LMS feel outdated and alienating. Conversely, several of the industry leaders are earning praise for their modern interfaces, and users said many of these mirror social networks in their feel and capabilities.
About the LMS Software Grid report:
- The report is based on more than 475 reviews written by business professionals.
- Of the 65 products listed in G2 Crowd’s LMS category, the ranked products each received ten or more reviews to qualify for inclusion on the Grid.
About G2 Crowd, Inc.
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, leverages more than 90,000 user reviews to drive better purchasing decisions. Technology buyers, investors, and analysts use the site to compare and select the best software based on peer reviews and synthesized social data. Monthly more than a half-million people visit G2 Crowd’s site. Co-founded by the founder and former executives from SaaS leader BigMachines and backed by roughly $12 million in capital, G2 Crowd aims to bring authenticity and transparency to business technology research. For more information, go to G2Crowd.com.