The Nomatic Travel Bag has 20 features, including a security-friendly padded and secure laptop pocket designed so security screeners have a clear and unobstructed view, allowing travelers to keep their computers in the laptop pocket at security
Salt Lake City, Utah (PRWEB) July 19, 2016
Following wildly successful crowdfunding campaigns for its wallet and notebook products in 2014 and 2015, Nomatic founders Jacob Durham and Jon Richards anticipate strong support for their newest creation – the multi-functional Nomatic Travel Bag introduced today on Kickstarter.
“By combining the best pieces of a backpack, duffel bag and general luggage, we’ve created the ultimate travel bag so people who are traveling can spend more time enjoying their journey rather than worrying about their gear on the trip,” Durham said. “In the U.S. alone, people take nearly 500 million business trips a year – with older, more experienced travelers taking an average of 12 trips annually – so we think travelers will find the Nomatic Travel Bag features and functionality indispensable when they travel in the future.”
The Nomatic Travel Bag has 20 features, ranging from multiple compartments designed to carry laptops, notebooks and water bottles, to sections that will keep shoes and soiled garments separated from clean clothes.
“This travel bag is designed for people who want a single, carry-on bag to use on trips of up to seven days – and it meets the carry-on size requirements of all major airlines, both foreign and domestic,” Durham added. “It also has a roller-bag handle sleeve, that allows you to slide the bag onto your roller bag handle and easily roll both bags together for longer trips.”
In addition to its sleek design, the Nomatic Travel Bag is made of a tarpaulin material, commonly used on rugged outdoor bags because of its ability to endure and stay strong in harsh conditions, that is 100 percent waterproof and extremely durable. With a large opening into the main compartment to give travelers easy access and visibility for packing, the strong tarpaulin also holds its shape to make packing easier.
Additional features include:
- An airport security-friendly padded and secure laptop pocket designed so security screeners have a clear and unobstructed view, allowing travelers to keep their computers in the laptop pocket during security screenings
- A radio frequency identification (RFID) pocket with a TSA-approved lock that keeps scan-able items safe from RFID scanners and valuables safe from pickpockets, unscrupulous room service personnel and other potential threats
- A padded tablet pocket inside the main compartment door that keeps it easily accessible and safe, featuring a Velcro-flap designed with a slot to allow charging on-the-go with a power bank while keeping it secure.
- A notebook pocket sized to hold a Basics Notebook or any other book of a similar size (about 5.5" x 8.75")
- A special pocket for a water bottle at the top of the bag, lined with water-proof material to allow for easy hydration during trips and assuring that other items stay dry in case of a leak
- A separate laundry bag, designed to hang on a door knob so travelers can easily toss clothes in, that is then simply zipped up to fit perfectly in the main bag compartment on the way home to keep dirty clothes separate and more organized.
- An innovative vacuum bag that allows travelers to pack more clothes in half the space.
- A shoe compartment that can easily fit up to two pairs of Size-12 shoes
- A miscellaneous compartment that can be used to store socks, underwear, or even a light jacket for easy access if travelers get cold during their journey
- A soft, fleece-lined valuables pocket on the top side of the bag for storing a phone, sunglasses and other valuables
- A combination of mesh, fleece-lined, and zipper pockets for storing power cords, power banks, laptop chargers and any other items
- A unique strap system allows travelers to wear the bag in a backpack or duffel bag position without dangling straps
The Nomatic Travel Bag is also designed with a comfortable handle to make carrying the bag by hand easy and less painful, and it comes with adjustable sternum strap to make it more comfortable when used in its back-pack configuration.
The company’s previous two products on Kickstarter, the BASICS wallet and BASICS notebook, were highly successful – raising a total of nearly $600,000 from crowdfunding backers.
“We love creating innovative products that help people simplify, organize and improve their lives, and this new travel bag is in keeping with that philosophy,” Durham added.
The Nomatic Travel Bag is available at a reduced price of $149 during the Kickstarter campaign, a $50 savings over the retail price – with backers receiving more discounts when they purchase two or more.
For more information, and to pre-order the Nomatic Travel Bag, visit https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1131502390/the-nomatic-travel-bag
Originally named BASICS when founded in 2014 by cousins Jacob Durham and Jon Richards, the company launched its first project on the crowdfunding website Kickstarter – the BASICS wallet. After raising $171,000 for the product, the pair quit their day jobs and focused on developing travel- and work-related products with innovative designs and functionality. The BASICs wallet was followed by the BASICS Notebook, which raised nearly $400,000 in crowdfunding on Kickstarter. The company, based in Salt Lake City, changed its name to Nomatic to be more reflective of the range of products it produces for the consumer market. For more information about the company’s range of products, visit http://www.nomatic.com.