ORLANDO, Fla. (PRWEB) July 19, 2016
Six attorneys from international law firm Greenberg Traurig, LLP will present at Florida Environmental Network, Inc.’s Annual Environmental Permitting Summer School. The conference is the Florida Chamber’s largest short course, featuring a break-out format and providing advanced training on Florida’s environmental and growth management laws, rules, and programs. The summer school will take place July 19 – 22 at the Orlando Marriott World Center.
The following attorneys will present at the conference:
- Maribel N. Nicholson-Choice is a panellist for “Landfills, Golf Courses and Gas Stations, Oh Buy! The Hottest Plays in Florida Brownfield and the Most Effective Technical Regulatory, Legal and Environmental Justice Strategies for Redevelopment Success” Wednesday, July 20 at 8:30 a.m.
- Christopher Torres will present on “Strategizing, Handling, and Defending Clients’ Interests at Local Quasi-Judicial Proceedings” Wednesday, July 20 at 3:30 p.m.
- Joseph Z. Fleming will discuss “Permits Under Attack: Defending Your Permit From all Challengers” Thursday, July 21 at 3:30 p.m.
- Kerri L. Barsh is a panellist for “Development in Environmentally Sensitive Areas: Strategies for Avoiding Litigation Under NEPA, CWA, and ESA” Thursday, July 21 at 10:30 a.m.
- Julie P. Kendig-Schrader will discuss “Current Trends in Federal Environmental Regulation and Enforcement” Thursday, July 21 at 1:30 p.m.
- Michael G. Cooke is a panellist for “Florida’s Renewable Energy Projects: Updates, Outlooks, and Challenges” Friday, July 22 at 8:30 a.m.
About Greenberg Traurig’s Environmental Practice
Greenberg Traurig’s Environmental Practice assists clients with issues under the environmental and natural resource laws that affect their businesses. The firm’s environmental attorneys help secure permits and approvals; negotiate and close transactions; defend clients in enforcement actions; handle a broad range of environmental and toxic tort litigation; ensure the understanding and satisfaction of regulatory requirements; prepare for and respond to emergencies; craft approaches for legacy cleanup issues; and develop solutions for product regulation, market access, and environmental policy challenges.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP is an international, multi-practice law firm with approximately 1900 attorneys serving clients from 38 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. The firm is No 1. on the 2015 Law360 Most Charitable Firms list, third largest in the U.S. on the 2015 Law360 400, Top 20 on the 2015 Am Law Global 100, and among the 2015 BTI Brand Elite. More information at: http://www.gtlaw.com/.