Chicago (PRWEB) July 20, 2016
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, today released the Summer 2016 Media Monitoring Software Grid report to help businesses make the best media monitoring technology decision. Cision was named a Leader in the report, receiving a strong customer satisfaction score with a large market presence.
Gorkana, TrendKite, Critical Mention, and BurrellesLuce were named High Performers in the report, earning strong customer satisfaction marks with smaller market presence scores. Cision earned the highest overall satisfaction score and the highest overall market presence score.
The Grid leverages customer satisfaction data reported by authenticated users along with vendor market presence determined from social and public data. Based on a combination of these scores, each software solution is categorized as a Leader, High Performer, Contender or Niche.
- Accuracy issues — Reviewers of nearly every product found issues with the accuracy of media coverage. Some found that the product they use misses media mentions, while other users received alerts about irrelevant or duplicate coverage.
- Varying coverage mediums — While most of the media monitoring products cover a variety of mediums, such as online or print, users reported that some tools specialized in a specific medium. Others covered a wider variety of media.
- Varying levels of support — Reviewers repeatedly mentioned the importance of a media monitoring product’s support team, though they often experienced different levels of help. Two products scored below a 70 percent satisfaction rating for quality of support, while the other five products scored at least 83 percent (avg. 82 percent).
About the Media Monitoring Software Grid report:
- The report is based on more than 370 reviews written by business professionals.
- Of the 24 products listed in G2 Crowd’s Media Monitoring category, the ranked products each received ten or more reviews to qualify for inclusion on the Grid.
About G2 Crowd, Inc.
G2 Crowd, the world’s leading business software review platform, leverages more than 90,000 user reviews to drive better purchasing decisions. Technology buyers, investors, and analysts use the site to compare and select the best software based on peer reviews and synthesized social data. Monthly more than a half-million people visit G2 Crowd’s site. Co-founded by the founder and former executives from SaaS leader BigMachines and backed by roughly $12 million in capital, G2 Crowd aims to bring authenticity and transparency to business technology research. For more information, go to G2Crowd.com.