We're literally blown away by the immediate popularity of the travel bag...to have $200,000 from backers after a single day is incredible.
Salt Lake City, Utah (PRWEB) July 20, 2016
Nomatic founders Jacob Durham and Jon Richards are on track to repeat and surpass their past two crowdfunding successes with their new, multi-functional Nomatic Travel Bag. Introduced on Kickstarter July 19th, it has already racked over $205,000 in pledges a day after the campaign began.
“We are literally blown away by the immediate popularity of the travel bag and the huge number of backers who’ve put this on track to be one of the most popular travel items ever on Kickstarter,” Durham said. “To beat our initial Kickstarter Goal of $20,000 within 30 minutes of launch is just phenomenal, and the continuing momentum proves we are solving problems for everyday travelers.”
Durham notes that if the support of crowdfunding backers stays on its current pace, sales of the travel bag could reach $4 million or more.
In creating the Nomatic Travel Bag, the Durham/Richards team combined the best elements of a backpack, duffel bag and carry-on luggage to create “the ultimate travel bag”, allowing people to spend more time enjoying their journey rather than worrying about their gear while traveling.
The Nomatic Travel Bag has 20 features, ranging from multiple compartments designed to carry laptops, notebooks and water bottles, to sections that will keep shoes and soiled garments separated from clean clothes.
Among its unique travel features are a RFID pocket that protects scan-able items, a vacuum bag system that allows more clothes to be packed and a strap system that allows the traveler to carry as a backpack or a duffel.
In addition to its sleek design, the Nomatic Travel Bag is made of a tarpaulin material, commonly used on rugged outdoor bags because of its ability to endure and stay strong in harsh conditions, that is 100 percent waterproof and extremely durable. With a large opening into the main compartment to give travelers easy access and visibility for packing, the strong tarpaulin also holds its shape to make packing easier.
Additional features include:
- An airport security-friendly padded and secure laptop pocket designed so security screeners have a clear and unobstructed view, allowing travelers to keep computers in the laptop pocket during security screenings.
- A padded tablet pocket inside the main compartment door that keeps it easily accessible and safe, featuring a Velcro-flap designed with a slot to allow charging on-the-go with a power bank while keeping it secure.
- A notebook pocket sized to hold a Basics Notebook or any other book of a similar size (about 5.5" x 8.75").
- A special pocket for a water bottle at the top of the bag, lined with water-proof material to make it easier for travelers to stay hydrated during trips and also assure that other items stay dry in case of a leak.
- A radio frequency identification (RFID) pocket with a TSA-approved lock that keeps scan-able items safe from RFID scanners and valuables safe from pickpockets, unscrupulous room service personnel and other potential threats
- A separate laundry bag, designed to hang on a door knob so travelers can easily toss clothes in, that is then simply zipped up to fit perfectly in the main bag compartment on the way home to keep dirty clothes separate and more organized.
- An innovative vacuum bag that allows travelers to pack more clothes in half the space.
- A shoe compartment that can easily fit up to two pairs of Size-12 shoes.
- A miscellaneous compartment that can be used to store socks, underwear, or even a light jacket for easy access if travelers get cold during their journey.
- A soft, fleece-lined valuables pocket on the top side of the bag for storing a phone, sunglasses and other valuables.
- A combination of mesh, fleece-lined, and zipper pockets for storing power cords, power banks, laptop chargers and any other items.
- A unique strap system allows travelers to wear the bag in a backpack or duffel bag position without dangling straps.
- A comfortable handle to make carrying the bag by hand easy and less painful.
- An adjustable sternum strap to make it more comfortable when used in its back-pack configuration.
While the team designed the Nomatic Travel Bag for people wanting only a single, carry-on bag for trips of up to seven days that would also meet all airline carry-on size requirements, it also has a roller-bag handle sleeve so travelers can place it upon other luggage and effortlessly roll both bags together on longer trips.
With people taking nearly 500 million business trips a year, and more experienced travelers averaging 12 trips annually, Durham isn’t surprised the Nomatic Travel Bag is already so popular.
“We think today’s travelers will find the Nomatic Travel Bag’s features and functionality make it indispensable item when they put it to the test on their next trip,” he said.
The Nomatic Travel Bag is available at a reduced price of $149 during the Kickstarter campaign, a $50 savings over the retail price – with backers receiving more discounts when they purchase two or more.
For more information, and to pre-order the Nomatic Travel Bag, visit: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1131502390/the-nomatic-travel-bag
Originally named BASICS when founded in 2014 by cousins Jacob Durham and Jon Richards, the company launched its first project on the crowdfunding website Kickstarter – the BASICS wallet. After raising $171,000 for the product, the pair quit their day jobs and focused on developing travel- and work-related products with innovative designs and functionality. The BASICs wallet was followed by the BASICS Notebook, which raised nearly $400,000 in crowdfunding on Kickstarter. The company, based in Salt Lake City, changed its name to Nomatic to be more reflective of the range of products it produces for the consumer market. For more information about the company’s range of products, visit http://www.nomatic.com.